OT - A Tribute to the Working Mother

Old August 26th 04, 08:57 AM
Sharon Harper

Default OT - A Tribute to the Working Mother

I don't know how you do it. I bow down in admiration and awe of you. Your
organisational and planning skills must be amazing. I am not worthy!

After just one week of working from 8.30 - 4 I am (pardon the expression)
knackered. When I get the kids home at about 5pm, I get into my jimmy jams
and collapse with a cup of tea before staggering off to cook dinner. My
laundry has an overflowing mountain of clean washing to be put away (each
night I've said "tomorrow"). My floors need vacuuming and mopping, my
quilting needs sewing, my mail needs to be read and the cat wants some love.
Heaven knows what I'm going to do when Wayne gets home and wants something!
LOL.

I am living, right now, for the weekend. Saturday I plan to sleep until at
least 8am possibly 9. 10am DD1 has swimming lessons and then 11.30 brings a
party for DD2. And on Monday it starts again.

Working Mothers Unite! You are legends and even if it doesn't feel like it,
someone down here does appreciate you.

End of babble. Go back to quilting.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under

Old August 26th 04, 06:58 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
All mothers are working mothers.

Ragmop/Sandy--quilter

Old August 26th 04, 08:26 PM
Diana Curtis

I think practice helps. Youre getting used to working out of the home, and
housekeeping while being a full time at home mom involves different
stratagies. As you get physically and emotionally used to handling these two
full time jobs youll get better at it, and be drained. :-)
Diana, going by what other people tell me

Old August 26th 04, 11:18 PM
Joanna

I hear ya. I've been there and soon I will have to go back to it again.
I'm defaniatly not looking forward to it at all. But if I don't want to
live in a cardboard box I have to go back to work in December. So I
guess I'll just have to keep a stiff upper lip and jump in with both
feet. What scares me the most right now is that I can't keep up and get
all things that need doing done while taking care of the baby. Scary to
think what my house will look like when I do go back to work. I think
I'm really really going to miss my MIL. She used to do our laundry for
us. But no we have moved a few provinces away that's not going to
happen. I can always dream though that she will move here to be close to
us and her grand baby. One day at a time that's all I can think. I've
given up on the idea that my house has to be perfect. But it still would
be nice if it got vaccumed once a week.
Take Care
Joanna

Sharon Harper wrote:

[...]

Remove Quilt to reply

Old August 27th 04, 12:07 AM
Joanne Passmore

On 8/26/04 6:18 PM, in article UktXc.46313$jZ5.43329@clgrps13, "Joanna"
wrote:

I've
given up on the idea that my house has to be perfect. But it still would
be nice if it got vaccumed once a week.

Cleaning and scrubbing
Can wait til tomorrow
For babies grow up
I've learned to my sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs
And dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby
And babies don't keep.

(cannot remember the author unfortunately)

When I went back to work my mom said "just lower your house keeping
expectations as you walk out the door" and the other famous 'momism' was
"your children will never say thank you for a clean house."

Old August 27th 04, 12:24 AM
Coleen

Sharon --

Hope you are adjusting to your new duties. I know it is hard, BTDT. I
agree with the poem that Joanne posted. And I have always said that I would
rather my tombstone say "She was a great wife, mother and friend" rather
than it saying "Her house was always clean". LOL.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

Old August 27th 04, 02:45 AM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I've been both. There is a HUGE difference. When you work outside the home,
you are still having to do everything you did before, BUT you have to try to
do it all in the amount of time left over after you get home from your job.
I still haven't found the energy to do it all AND quilt. I haven't quilted
('cept for 30 minutes of hand quilting) since last September. And I have it
easier than most 'working moms' cuz I only have my kids every other week!

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

" Ellison" wrote in message
m...
[...]

---

Old August 27th 04, 03:03 AM
Boca Jan

My bous are 22 and 24 now and I worked the whole time they were growing up.
I have to say it was great having a DH that would cook and do laundry. Can
you imagine - I never had to do laundry EVER. He also helped with gardening
since we both liked eating our harvest.

Having a mate like that is important when raising children while you work.

--
Boca Jan
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/poo_de_doo/my_photos

Old August 27th 04, 06:26 AM
Poke First National

I reckon all quilters just get quicker (and slyer) in getting through what
must be done. Don't forget that sometimes we can get a little help with
some jobs if we just think to ask. I've sewn in the evenings but done no
real housework since the Olympics started, it's exhausting. I work long
hours, play sports, (hate the slowness that is creeping in with the mid
fifties), and find that 'the jobs just wait'.
Sally ..........from the Land Real Down Under
Tasmania

Old August 27th 04, 07:53 AM
Sharon Harper

LOL - I sorted out 3 days worth of clean washing last night in front of The
Simpsons and by letting the kids stay up a bit later, I had 2 helpers to put
it away!

Working hight? Kendall Davies Jewelry 8 August 28th 04 03:35 AM
Working on Designer Jewelry Jewelerman Jewelry 2 May 15th 04 09:03 PM
Abalone or Mother of Pearl Medallions ~*~ Zinderellie ~*~ Beads 3 September 30th 03 08:31 PM
ad> mother moon ...tatercat Kandice Seeber Beads 5 September 21st 03 11:29 PM