Polymer clay

Old July 26th 03, 09:16 PM
Dandelion Acres

Default Polymer clay

Hello!

I've been 'lurking' in this newsgroup for a few months and have really
enjoyed the ideas shared. I picked up a basic pack of Sculpey clay a while
back and just draw a blank when I sit down to play with it. I was wondering
what you all do with it and how I can apply it to my card making.

Any help is appreciated.
TIA
Sandi

Old July 27th 03, 06:00 AM
Dandelion Acres

Thanks Pat. I'll play with those ideas and see what I can come up with. It
would be great to use up those hundreds of Altoids tins I can't bring myself
to throw away.

Sandi

Old July 27th 03, 06:31 PM
sdklug

Wow, that first one had fantastic examples. Really mindblowing. Made me
want to run right out and buy clay, except my hobbies of rubberstamping and
genealogy have left no more room in my house for another hobby.......sob!

Old July 28th 03, 07:19 AM
Geiar N'Dege

Have fun! Decorating Altoids tins (and those cool flat tins AOL CDs
sometimes come in) has become one of my favorite multimedia projects.

This sounds interesting but do you do anything to the tins to prime them
before stamping?

Geiar

Old July 28th 03, 02:58 PM
Pat Kight

Geiar N'Dege wrote:

Have fun! Decorating Altoids tins (and those cool flat tins AOL CDs
sometimes come in) has become one of my favorite multimedia projects.

This sounds interesting but do you do anything to the tins to prime them
before stamping?

If I'm not covering them with poly clay, I give them a good coat of
spray primer, either black or white depending on my intended use. I've
found that's sufficient; sanding is not required.

--
Pat Kight