Ping Noreen

Old September 3rd 07, 07:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Default Ping Noreen

Well, treasure, I have cast on and done the first 11 rows of the
shawl. Considering that this brings me to a grand total of 13
stitches, I haven't really done much, but it is a start, right? Did
you get it started?

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 3rd 07, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 3, 9:54 am, "YarnWright" wrote:
Katherine spun a FINE 'yarn':

Well, treasure, I have cast on and done the first 11 rows of the
shawl. Considering that this brings me to a grand total of 13
stitches, I haven't really done much, but it is a start, right? Did
you get it started?

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine. . .

This afternoon, treasure! veg
Noreen

who indulged in a little white zinfandel last night and stayed up much too
late, got up much too early and is truly enjoying caffiene this am.

I didn't have zinfandel, but I stayed up until the wee hours, and am
also
enjoying my coffee now - decaf, but at least it is hot! I plan to knit
a bit
after supper tonight, or maybe this afternoon. We'll see how it goes.

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 3rd 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 3, 11:14 am, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:
YarnWright wrote:

who indulged in a little white zinfandel last night and stayed up much too
late, got up much too early and is truly enjoying caffiene this am.

Hah. I had Guinness with dinner, port with dessert. This morning I
have french press coffee made with homeroasted single-origin beans
purchased from a VERY picky importer, and a little later I'll probably
pull a double espresso over a square of high-value chocolate.

What were you saying about caffeine?

hehehehe

Wooly
Still spinning and knitting the Aran
Ignoring another sweater
Swatching for a third
Plugging away on the beaded silk shawl
Contemplating some laceweight alpaca/silk yarn for another Pi shawl

PADD? Me? Can't be!

Will you STOP talking about caffeine??? I gave it up, and every so
often I just HAVE to have some. I am weak, you know! I limit myself
to once a week, though, so that is not too bad.

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 4th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

YarnWright wrote:

Will you STOP talking about caffeine??? I gave it up, and every so
often I just HAVE to have some. I am weak, you know! I limit myself
to once a week, though, so that is not too bad.

Higs,
Katherine

Well, I gave up a lot of things in the name of trying to control my
blood sugar and my cholesterol without medication (so much for that).
I'm out of the habit now of eating a lot of things, and if I want to
booze it up I have to stop my meds for a couple of days and that's a
PITA since taking the stuff is an ingrained habit.

So really, the caffeine is about my only remaining at-will vice.

Wooly
Still spinning

PS - I just roasted some Kenya AAA that smells delightful. I'll tell
you tomorrow how it brews up

Oh, please don't! Right now I would give just about anything for a
cup of good coffee!!!! Alas, having Meniere's plus hypertension
means that caffeine is VERY limited!

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 4th 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
friendlyhands

YarnWright wrote:
[...]

Katherine- Hide quoted text -

I just got the house cleaned up from last night and am seriously
thinking og going back to sleep...besides that I only have old shaw;
patterns from grandma, I don't those have come back in style yet.lol
Annette

Old September 4th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 4, 8:31 am, friendlyhands
wrote:

I just got the house cleaned up from last night and am seriously

thinking og going back to sleep...besides that I only have old shaw;
patterns from grandma, I don't those have come back in style yet.lol

I don't think that it makes any difference with shawls.

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 4th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 4, 9:21 am, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:
Katherine wrote:

Oh, please don't! Right now I would give just about anything for a
cup of good coffee!!!! Alas, having Meniere's plus hypertension
means that caffeine is VERY limited!

I experience food vicariously these days: living on sprouts and
twigs leaves a lot to be desired so I hassle my friends for food porn
But I'll keep it to myself.

There are some quite decent decaf coffees out there these days, you
know. If you have a competent roaster in the area you might check into
getting some.

Oh, I get decent decaf coffees, but I still crave caffeine at times.
Food porn? I love it!!!!

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 4th 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 4, 10:04 am, Wooly nobody@nunya wrote:
Katherine wrote:
Food porn? I love it!!!!

As with any other type of porn, nothing beats the real deal

True. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 5th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Sep 3, 9:43 am, Katherine wrote:
Well, treasure, I have cast on and done the first 11 rows of the
shawl. Considering that this brings me to a grand total of 13
stitches, I haven't really done much, but it is a start, right? Did
you get it started?

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine what shawl are you kniting ?
mirjam

Old September 5th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Sep 5, 1:30 am, wrote:
On Sep 3, 9:43 am, Katherine wrote:

Well, treasure, I have cast on and done the first 11 rows of the
shawl. Considering that this brings me to a grand total of 13
stitches, I haven't really done much, but it is a start, right? Did
you get it started?

Higs,
Katherine

Katherine what shawl are you kniting ?
mirjam

Here is a link to it, Mirjam. I am using a blue yarn, called
Blueberry.
Lovely colour, and very soft.
http://siviaharding.com/Diamonds2.html

Higs,
Katherine

OT Ping: Noreen JJMolvik Yarn 1 April 19th 07 11:39 PM
OT ping Noreen enigma Yarn 18 March 21st 07 06:01 PM
PING: NOREEN spinninglilac Yarn 1 December 18th 06 07:52 PM
Ping Noreen Katherine Yarn 2 January 9th 06 11:05 AM
*Ping* Noreen Katherine Yarn 3 April 6th 05 08:23 AM