(OT) Flooding in USA

Old August 24th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Default (OT) Flooding in USA

Last week my son's workplace (just outside Houston) was under 3 feet of
water although his home was safe having been built on higher ground.

I've been reading the latest news about the flooding in the Midwest at
http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...870135,00.html
and hope that all RCTY users and their families are safe.

It's difficult to tell how you all are as it has been very quiet on here
lately. Please take care, all of you.

Bernadette

Old August 24th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

There was severe flooding in Minnesota south of where I live. Seven people
lost their lives and 100s of homes were damaged. One place recorded 15.1
inches of rain in a 24 hour period which is a record for the state. Because
of the topography of the area, it is prone to flash flooding.

--
Jan in MN

"Bernadette" wrote...

Old August 26th 07, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Jan" wrote in message
[...]

I just saw on the news yesterday too that people in Illinois are having bad
flooding. My good wishes for everyone's safety are passed along here.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old August 26th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:29:27 -0400, Not Likely wrote:

"Jan" wrote in message
[...]

It is bad Gem and I'm a bit worried because Donna lives in Ohio and I
haven't seen her on here for a while. The whole of that state has been hit
badly by tornadoes as well as storms.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rnational/home

Bernadette

Old August 27th 07, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 18:31:00 -0400, BB wrote:

Bernadette wrote:

It is bad Gem and I'm a bit worried because Donna lives in Ohio and I
haven't seen her on here for a while. The whole of that state has been
hit badly by tornadoes as well as storms.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rnational/home

Bernadette

Bernadette, her part of the state has not been hit by the extreme bad
weather. There isn't any flooding where I am, but yesterday DH and I
stepped outside to go to a wedding and decided to go to the basement
instead. The storm passed quickly and not much damage around here. The
wedding took place 45 minutes late, but it will give the bride and groom
something to talk about for years.

Betty

Bless you for that Betty, thanks. I'm glad the wedding went well
eventually and that you're safe too.

All the best
Bernadette

Old September 3rd 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...0826.wus_flood...

Bernadette

Bernadette, her part of the state has not been hit by the extreme bad
weather. There isn't any flooding where I am, but yesterday DH and I
stepped outside to go to a wedding and decided to go to the basement
instead. The storm passed quickly and not much damage around here. The
wedding took place 45 minutes late, but it will give the bride and groom
something to talk about for years.

Betty

Bless you for that Betty, thanks. I'm glad the wedding went well
eventually and that you're safe too.

All the best
Bernadette- Hide quoted text -

How are ll of you ????
mirjam

FLOODING IN ENDICOTT, NY SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 2 April 6th 05 03:58 PM
flooding KJ Quilting 12 April 6th 05 01:35 PM
OT - flooding in WA and other updates Kandice Seeber Beads 23 October 24th 03 04:24 AM