Design wall idea

Old March 25th 05, 04:01 AM
Marcella Peek

Default Design wall idea

The past two days I have been going through all my old quilting
magazines and cutting out and filing the things I wish to keep.

I spotted a "tip" in an old American Patchwork & Quilting magazine. If
your room is too small and even backing up as far as possible doesn't
allow you to really get a good distance look at your quilt, hang a
mirror on the wall opposite your design wall.

Then, stand next to your design wall and face the mirror. It will give
you the illusion of standing far back from your design wall.

I suppose having a mirror helps when you have been sewing for hours and
the doorbell rings. You can make sure your hair isn't standing on end
or you aren't still in your jammies before you open the door ;-)

marcella
Old March 25th 05, 04:20 AM
nzlstar

oh sure but real friends dont care whatcha look like and anyone else doesnt
really matter.
take me as ya find me.
i always wanted to have a mohawk, in rainbow colours of course. heehee.
tis a great idea for the quilts tho.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Marcella Peek" wrote...

Old March 25th 05, 05:12 AM
Sharon Harper

What the mohawk? Ooooooh yes - a swirl of colours down the middle of a
plain quilt top. Oooooh I can see it now.

Queen of Down Under
quicker)

Old March 25th 05, 05:20 PM
Susan Laity Price

I like the mirror for both ideas. When my sons were both living at
home I would often wait until the three men cleared out of the house
before showering. That way I could have all the hot water to myself.
More than once I started working in my studio at 6 am and forgot that
I wasn't properly dress when the door bell ran at 10 am.

As for my design wall, I keep it on the back sun porch. I have two
sheets of 4" by 8" insulation covered with felt. In warm weather I can
work out there. In cold weather I bring them into the living room
where I can stand back and look at it. In both cases I don't want to
leave anything on the design wall too long (porch because of sun and
living room because of mess) but this is sometimes a good thing.

Alex Anderson resently suggested using a flannel backed vinyl table
cloth as a portable design wall. I took one to a class recently and it
was great to roll-up and bring home. Rather I should say it was great
to unroll it at home. The vinyl kept the design wall from sticking
together. It was also cheap!

Susan