Discussion Topic about 6x6 ....

Old October 22nd 03, 05:59 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

Default Discussion Topic about 6x6 ....

Getting way ahead of myself now, but I'm keeping my squares TAGGED with WHO
and WHERE, and will make a detailed 'map' of the afghan I eventually make
from them...
But! Here's a Q for ya'll.... how are you planning on joining yours?
Crochet?
Sew?
Pick-up-and-knit?
Or something other?
I'm 'considering' just Half-double crochet on the width, and Hairpin
Lace-ing the length.. or maybe broomstick lace-ing the length....
Hugs,
Noreen

---

Old October 22nd 03, 06:08 AM
Bryan

Sorry, I'm a shifty lurker, usually only when I'm stuck on something. And I
see ton's of posts about 6x6's, but can't seem to coax my reader back far
enough to see an original message. What's going on? I gather people are
mailing 2 6x6 square of somekind to either:
1) one person who is assembling in some fashion for I suppose some good
cause (Afghans for Afghans comes to mind)
or 2) It's like the old chain letter "scheme" send $1 to the 5 names on the
list, insert your name, and in days you'll be a millionaire, type exchange
for some reason.

Sorry for the intrusion, just curious. With home business slowing down,
maybe I can lurk more often to keep up-to-date.

Bryan

Old October 22nd 03, 06:22 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Bryan" wrote in message
Sorry, I'm a shifty lurker, usually only when I'm stuck on something. And

see ton's of posts about 6x6's, but can't seem to coax my reader back far
enough to see an original message. What's going on? I gather people are
mailing 2 6x6 square of somekind to either:
1) one person who is assembling in some fashion for I suppose some good
cause (Afghans for Afghans comes to mind)
or 2) It's like the old chain letter "scheme" send $1 to the 5 names on

the
list, insert your name, and in days you'll be a millionaire, type

exchange
for some reason.

Sorry for the intrusion, just curious. With home business slowing down,
maybe I can lurk more often to keep up-to-date.

Bryan

Hi Bryan, good to see you!
Okay... we have all contributed 6 x 6 inch squares for previous secret
projects, like comfortaghans for RCTY friends, etc...
But, the 6 x 6 we're talking about NOW is an exchange, which Cher heads up.
Near the end of a month, she puts up a sign-up list, and if you want in,
you sign up. Cher then pairs you up with someone to exchange with. The
pattern choice is the MAKER's, but the Recievee CAN request certain colors
or type of yarn, that's between the two who are exchanging.
Once Cher pairs you up, you contact your exchangee offlist to get details
like snail, and discuss type and colors, etc.
When you and your partner HAVE exchanged, and they've been received you
post here 6x6 Received.
Cher marks it down. We try to have them mailed by the 21st of the month.
We've already done two months of exchanges, in Sept. there were 22, in
October there were 36....
We've decided NOT to do a December exchange, but one can jump IN anytime,
as this will be ongoing. One can jump out at anytime too, and jump back in
when things calm down in personal lives, etc.
Does that explain it?
Cher will be posting VERY soon for the November exchange.
Hugs,
Noreen

--
STRIP *tease* to email me.

---

Old October 22nd 03, 09:39 AM
Cher

Sounds wonderful, and I've not even thought about this one yet...lol. But
then I haven't got any squares yet until Gwen returns in November...LOL.

Cheers....Cher

Old October 22nd 03, 10:03 AM
Cher

Hi Brian, You would be most welcome to join in.

Like Noreen says, if you want in - the new NOV sign up is on list now. Your
only commitment is to get two squares either knit or crochet or one of each
... measuring six inches, to the partner I assign you... why don't you join
in. I'm sure your partner will help you further if you are worried about
it. Like Noreen says, this is an on going project, you don't HAVE to do the
next one just because you've done this one, or whatever, When a few days
have gone by after the Sign up message, I then put up a message of all those
who have entered the exchange, then the next eveing or so I post the 6x6
Partners List...Everyone is welcome.. Also if you say sign up today for the
November exchange, I won't take it for granted that you want in on the next
one, that is up to you to sign in, if you don't, you won't be
included...no worries .. no offence taken etc...you get to keep all the
squares you receive and make whatever with it.

A year later you may wish to do it again and make another afghan or pillow
cover so in you come again...

Cheers.....cher

Thanks Noreen...lol

Old October 22nd 03, 01:52 PM
Barbara Vaughan

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

Getting way ahead of myself now, but I'm keeping my squares TAGGED with WHO
and WHERE, and will make a detailed 'map' of the afghan I eventually make
from them...
But! Here's a Q for ya'll.... how are you planning on joining yours?
Crochet?
Sew?
Pick-up-and-knit?
Or something other?
I'm 'considering' just Half-double crochet on the width, and Hairpin
Lace-ing the length.. or maybe broomstick lace-ing the length....

I've decided to wait until I have all of them to decide. Then it will
depend on whether the sizes are pretty uniform, and whether they need
some distance from each other because of colors or patterns.

Barbara
Old October 22nd 03, 08:06 PM
Shillelagh

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

Getting way ahead of myself now, but I'm keeping my squares TAGGED

with WHO
and WHERE, and will make a detailed 'map' of the afghan I eventually

make
from them...
But! Here's a Q for ya'll.... how are you planning on joining yours?
Crochet?
Sew?
Pick-up-and-knit?
Or something other?
I'm 'considering' just Half-double crochet on the width, and Hairpin
Lace-ing the length.. or maybe broomstick lace-ing the length....

Mine is already close to being finished. It was made primarily with 8x8
squares. I have been joining them in strips, but first I crochet a black
border around them, then whipstitch them together. I also had a number of
6x6 squares from another exchange, so for them the black border is bigger.
I also had some of the 8x8 squares come in at some weird sizes. They were
more like 8x10 or 8x12.... the black border takes care of the size
differences. I also lay it all out on the floor first to add each strip,
just to make sure it all fits.

On this present exchange, I might use the squares for a vest, scarf,
cushion.... not sure yet.

Shelagh

Old October 23rd 03, 06:02 PM
Aud

I am just eager to se what I get, and I figure they will inspire me!!!
I am not sure I will make an afghan, may be a west or a jacket or...or...?
I also look forward to see all of our works finished!
AUD ;-))
--

"Noreen's Knit*che" skrev i melding