Are we DEAD ?

Old January 25th 11, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Are we DEAD ?

Maybe my newsreader has gone south for better weather ... ??? I don't see
diddly-squat from anybody for at least 24 hours.
Please tell me that you all didn't freeze to death ... not a considerate
time to mention that we had short-sleeve weather today.
Anybody quilting? Anybody breathing? Anybody ..... Polly

Old January 25th 11, 06:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

On Jan 24, 10:57*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Maybe my newsreader has gone south for better weather ... ??? * I don't see
diddly-squat from anybody for at least 24 hours.
* * Please tell me that you all didn't freeze to death ... not a considerate
time to mention that we had short-sleeve weather today.
* * Anybody quilting? * Anybody breathing? *Anybody ..... * * Polly

Hey Polly

I just got home, been out in this damned wet cold weather. Went to
the coast for dinner and wish I hadn't. Should have stayed home and
quilted. The one good thing was the dinner. Rib Eye, baked potato,
steamed veggies, tropical salad, mixed melon pieces and hot fudge
sundae. Was thinking of quilting and that's the reason for the
sundae. Got to figure how long to make a quilt for my daughter-in-law
who is 5 feet 10 inches tall. She lives in Gulf Shores. Don't plan
on going anywhere tomorrow. More rain, and if this stuff moves north
they are in for yet more snow. YUK. So how was your day.

Kate T. South Mississippi

Old January 25th 11, 06:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Yes Polly. Not much happening so it's not you newsreader.

Warm here today. 34 degrees. I got tired of the cold so I sent it all
south. And according to the news I'm going to keep it that way all week so
enjoy.

Steven
Alaska

Old January 25th 11, 12:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_4_]

I'm here Polly.
Thinking about a new quilt.

--
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.

Old January 25th 11, 01:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

I'm here! Survived snow shoveling this morning.
Roberta in D

Old January 25th 11, 01:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

Oh my Steve-- you mean it is warmer in Alaska than it is in Michigan??
Sunday I think our high was like 10 degrees! UGH! I don't mind the really
cold days if the sun is shining brightly -- but we're getting frigid temps
AND gray skies... I think I need a trip to where it's warm and sunny!

--
Kate in MI

Old January 25th 11, 01:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leigh Harris[_3_]

Well, come and visit! It's going to be about 40 here on Friday - that's
Celsius! :-)

Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

Old January 25th 11, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:57:28 -0600, Polly Esther wrote:

Maybe my newsreader has gone south for better weather ... ??? I don't
see diddly-squat from anybody for at least 24 hours.
Please tell me that you all didn't freeze to death ... not a
considerate
time to mention that we had short-sleeve weather today.
Anybody quilting? Anybody breathing? Anybody ..... Polly

I'm alive, barely.

Went to take a shower and was moving fast because the bathroom was COLD!
Then I bundled back into my clothes and back out under a heap of afghans
and quilts when I saw frost around the drain. I am not stepping foot
into a cast iron tub when there is frost in the bottom of it!

It got down to around -15F Sunday night.
I woke up shivering and evacuated the bedroom.
Everybody else was already in a heap on the living room floor. I just
joined the puppy pile.
This is why I hate big wide windows. Even with storm windows and plastic
they let in a ton of cold.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?
Old January 25th 11, 02:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise in Iowa[_7_]

I had been wondering the same thing! It was way too quiet! I had Guild
meeting yesterday morning, delivered a quilt to a friend, ran errands
with DH in the afternoon, and finished up a quilt of my own (pics later
today I hope) last night. Maybe it's good the group wasn't too active -
I got a lot done!

Louise in Iowa
nieland1390 at mchsi dot com

Old January 25th 11, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:57:28 -0600, Polly Esther wrote
(in article ):

Maybe my newsreader has gone south for better weather ... ??? I don't see
diddly-squat from anybody for at least 24 hours.
Please tell me that you all didn't freeze to death ... not a considerate
time to mention that we had short-sleeve weather today.
Anybody quilting? Anybody breathing? Anybody ..... Polly

I'm still here. Some of us in IL are probably still recovering from the
Bears loss Sunday night.

Maureen

Dead Suppliers glassman Glass 1 October 21st 07 01:50 AM
Dead irons Darlene Quilting 4 June 15th 06 02:08 PM
OT - computer dead? Johanna Gibson Quilting 9 May 20th 04 09:41 PM
Brain dead.... Mary in Oregon Quilting 22 April 16th 04 02:29 PM
Is this thing dead, or what? Freckledgrrl Carving 4 September 12th 03 11:27 AM