photo transfer sheets

Old October 8th 10, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Default photo transfer sheets

How well do photo transfer sheets wash? I give away a lot of quilts and
hesitate to use anything that isn't going to stand up to repeated
machine laundering in warm water with regular laundry detergent. A lot
of folks are not willing to give a quilt any special laundry treatment
and I would not want the transfers to wash out after a couple washings.
I know the June Tailor brand says washable, but the fine print says cold
water, no soap or detergent; I wouldn't even consider those. How well do
other brands wash? Can they be machine dried?

Julia in MN
--
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/default.html

Old October 9th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I checked mine, Julia, and find the same thing. Milliken's Printed
Treasures asks for cold water, gentle cycle and mild detergent. You could,
of course, attach a care label but who knows if it would be read or not?
Seems to me you'll want to make your own durability tests before you put
your heart into a quilt that is extremely fragile. Polly

"Julia in MN" How well do photo transfer sheets wash? I give away a lot

Old October 10th 10, 05:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Allison

On 08/10/2010 6:32 PM, Julia in MN wrote:
How well do photo transfer sheets wash? I give away a lot of quilts and
hesitate to use anything that isn't going to stand up to repeated
machine laundering in warm water with regular laundry detergent. A lot
of folks are not willing to give a quilt any special laundry treatment
and I would not want the transfers to wash out after a couple washings.
I know the June Tailor brand says washable, but the fine print says cold
water, no soap or detergent; I wouldn't even consider those. How well do
other brands wash? Can they be machine dried?

Julia in MN

Going sideways off this topic .. I've been learning about digital
printing. If you have access to a printer with pigment inks (like Epson
Durabrite ink) then you don't have to pretreat fabric before printing.
If you have dye based ink ( I think most inkjet printers are like this)
then you need the pretreatment.

One of my kids has an older Epson Pixma printer that I want to try
out... but first I have to find the power cable that she lost LOL). It
may take a while since we're going on vacation but I'll let you know how
it works.

Allison

Best photo sheets, best price? Polly Esther Quilting 15 February 26th 07 09:22 PM
Asking for help again, (photo transfer) Mary in Washington Quilting 8 August 22nd 05 12:31 PM
Photo transfer help Clooniff Quilting 3 January 4th 05 12:52 AM
photo transfer help needed Debbie Quilting 0 August 5th 04 02:16 PM
How do you transfer a photo on to a quilt? aeromom Quilting 2 October 11th 03 02:32 AM