How Sad!!

Old July 5th 09, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Marilee M

Default How Sad!!

This use to be a vibrant active group and enjoyable to read and learn
from, it is sad to see it slowly fading away!! What happened to all
the gals that posted? I will admit I seldom posted, as a friend had
asked a question and got blasted for not doing her homework herself.
She was on WebTV as I am and you don't have access to many sites as you
do with a PC.
I just want to thank all of you for the info and tips I received here
over the good times.
Marilee

Old July 5th 09, 07:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

In message , Marilee M
writes
This use to be a vibrant active group and enjoyable to read and learn
from, it is sad to see it slowly fading away!! What happened to all
the gals that posted? I will admit I seldom posted, as a friend had
asked a question and got blasted for not doing her homework herself.
She was on WebTV as I am and you don't have access to many sites as you
do with a PC.
I just want to thank all of you for the info and tips I received here
over the good times.
Marilee

I was thinking also how sad it is. Yesterday was the first time since I
joined this group about 12 years ago, that there were zero messages.

I tried to rally support a few weeks ago with having a roll call. It got
a few responses, but nothing like it would have had when it was in its
heyday.
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old July 5th 09, 11:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Heather[_2_]

It is sad for us "new folks" too because we can't take advantage of your
collective knowledge, etc . Not to mention you ladies used to have such
a good time enjoying each other's company.

Now.......that is truly sad. To go from a fun, busy ng to one where
people rarely post.

Cheers....Heather (and best wishes to Shirley as well)

"Linda2" wrote in message
m...
I've been busy working and trying to organize my crafts room (which is
finally done - where did all that stuff come from?). I've got my
annual show to do in November, and hoepfully quite a bit of inventory
will sell. I haven't bought much lately, because I'll never been able
to use all the beads I have in this lifetime or the next! But I still
check in here every now and then.

Also busy with my rescued pound kitty and a new kitten a neighbor
found and brought to me (she knows I missed the one I had to have put
down after 14 years). I have videos on My Space if anyone wants to
see.

Linda2

"Marilee M" wrote in message
Good morning Shirley! Well have no idea what time it is in England,
but
whatever hope this finds you feeling good. I know you have tried to
revive the group and I truly thought you might have succeeded but
after
a few posts, Nothing!!! I do beaded cabs but have to admit so busy
trying to clear out years of craft supplies that haven't touched a
bead
(except to buy more) for months!!!! It is an addiction!!!
Marilee

Old July 5th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Marilee M

I am an older lady and have done crafts for years and have all the
supplies to prove it, I use to make stuffed dolls, teddy bears,
appliqued sweat shirts and other fabric crafts and did several shows a
year. About 6 years ago while at Quartzsite, Ariz. a good friend started
me making beaded cabs, I really enjoy working with the seed beads. This
year she showed me how to make the cutest Santa ear rings, that is my
next get around to it!!!
Marilee

Old July 5th 09, 11:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Marilee M

Default How Sad!! Linda!

I don't think I can view your videos on this web tv and I very seldom
use my lap top, not too good at any of this new stuff!! Will try later
though.
Marilee

Old July 6th 09, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

Since the crafts show I do is in November, I make tons of beaded Santa
earrings and they are the first to go. I usually have to try and make more
in between show days (it's a 2-day show).

Linda2

Old July 6th 09, 01:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Marilee M

I wonder if it is the same pattern, think she said this was the brick
stitch (I'm not too smart when it comes to this beading, I have done
mostly the beaded cabs), it has a little bell on the tassle on Santa's
hat! where do you live Linda?
Marilee

Old July 6th 09, 02:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Linda2

Mine are done in brick stitch as well, but no bells.

I live in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Linda2