Freak Accident at Wally World *or* Praises for Waxed Linen Cord OTish

Old May 26th 04, 05:22 PM
Helene

Candace, now I see what kind of beading you do. That's wonderful!!!

Helene

"Candace" wrote in message
http://snipurl.com/5su3

there ya go

It's made with black waxed linen cord, and size (E) 6/0 glass beads. Only

took
about 3-4 days, cause I was going blind trying to tie all those teensy

tiny
knots.

~Candace~

Old May 26th 04, 05:30 PM
Candace

*smiles* thank you, Helene. I'm giving serious thought to actually devoting
large chunks of time to making those bracelet/cuffs, and selling them. Right
now, though, for the most part, I'm content to work on beaded bags.

Old May 26th 04, 05:35 PM
Marisa2

OMG. I got tired of Irish Waxed Linnen after putting about 4 beads and a
pendant on for kids' necklaces... it kept fraying and wouldn't go
through holes in the beads... I can't IMMAGINE how you did this!

marisa2

Old May 26th 04, 05:49 PM
Dr. Sooz

okay - color me dense.
if he looked abused and exhausted [been there, done that - especially
when surrounded by several very young children] why did you yell at
him?

Adrenaline alone would do it.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 26th 04, 05:51 PM
Candace

Two secrets...one, use the cheap stuff. Seriously, it works so much better.
Find roll of it at Wally World and go with it. Two, get one of those thread
waxing wheels, in the sewing section. If the beads rub too much wax off of the
cord, re-wax it.

Old May 26th 04, 09:45 PM
Candace

When I first posted that bracelet here, I asked for suggestions for a name. I
got all kids suggested to me, but I decided micromacrame was easiest. I also
liked off loom free form bead knotting I've never seen this style of beading
before, so maybe it's an original? I'm just harboring the fear that what I'd
ask for price wise wouldn't go over with the customers. It really is a labor
intensive piece.

Old May 26th 04, 10:08 PM
Dr. Sooz

I decided micromacrame was easiest.

We have classes in it around here. It's been called micromacrame every time
I've seen it.

http://www.micromacrame.com/

http://www.joanbabcock.com/Necklace/Nck001c.html
http://www.joanbabcock.com/Earrings/Earring.html

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old May 26th 04, 10:17 PM
AmazeR

On Wed, 26 May 2004 04:09:44 +0000, Candace wrote:

The 7yr old starts to drop the baby........the dad sees this.....instinctively
reacts, and turns to the side to catch her........forgetting that he needed to
actually get both feet of the 3 yr old into the foot holes and her butt on the
set before she was "secure".........the 3 yr old slips, tumbles forward and to
her left, right into............ME. Now, I was in the process of reaching for
my cart, so my left arm was extended, and she fell right onto it. My hand
wasn't above the cart rail, but below it, and the unexpected weight of that
child forced my hand down until......my Saucy Majestic Bracelet caught on a
loose piece of metal; part of the cart itself.

OMG Candace! I was at the supermarket 3 weeks ago when a baby fell out of
a trolley onto its' head because the mother hadn't strapped it in!!! I
was furious with this stupid woman... She says to some guy who offers to
help her (he is holding a baby about the same age).. Oh, he'll be
alright. Meanwhile, the baby isn't crying! I notice that it is actually
going in and out of unconciousness and gasping for air.... I immediately
told her not to move the baby (she has picked it up and is trying to sooth
it by jiggling it up & down on her shoulder), to keep it as still as she
can and then I immediately ring for an ambulance as the babys' eyes are
rolling!! Anyways, said mother freaks out and leaves before the ambulance
arrives! The ambulance staff weren't very impressed, and rang the
hospital to see if she went up there and apparantly she had, but honestly!
WTH!!!!!?????????

You gotta

picture this. She fell towards me from my left, onto the back
of my left arm, with my palm facing down, and nothing to grab onto. The
waxed linen cord that I strung the bracelet on caught on that spoke
thingy and held, with her full body weight, long enough for my right arm
to drop my lil purse and scoop under her.

There was no way I could have reacted fast enough to save her from
hitting the concrete floor face first. So, I am singing praises for
waxed linen cord, and cheap base metal clasps.

I am so happy you caught her...

BTW.....I yelled at that guy for a good 3 minutes about the dangers of
having children mind children, which was the cause of the incident in
the first place.
I felt kinda bd about it, because one look at him, and you could tell
that
getting yelled at was commonplace for him, and probably not usually
warranted. He had abused, exhausted husband written all over him.

~Candace~

Sometimes these things come out in the heat of the moment, Candace. I
kinda wish I had yelled at the stupid woman mentioned above... It might
have had more of an affect. She should have waited for the ambulance..
It was only 5 minutes and what if the baby had died? A blow to the head
like that doesn't bear thinking about... I can't believe she moved it..
let alone put it in her car and drove to the hospital!

Well done Candace!
{{{{Hugs}}} I know I could have done with some after my episode....

Mavis