For Rhoda; Printer Stuck in Banner Mode

Old August 6th 04, 02:22 PM
Beth Pierce

Default For Rhoda; Printer Stuck in Banner Mode

(R.E. Wicker) wrote in message ...
Do you think that a printer
that prints out great pictures (one at a time only) should be shelved
after four or more years?

No. Our printer, an Epson Inkjet, is older than that. My neighbor
has an Epson 2600, dot matrix (and made about the time I started
teaching computers 10+ years ago) and hers prints just fine. What you
can do is check the settings in your Windows software. I believe it's
under Start, Settings, Printers. Right-click on your printer, click
on Properties and check the Layout, Main and Paper tabs. If all else
fails, reload the drivers by deleting the printer from the Printers
window, and add the same printer as a new one. I would also check the
cable in the back; it might be loose, in a wrong spot or something.
The fact that it just started doing this tells me someone has
"fiddled" with it. It's "there" how to fix; I just can't remember
right now.

I shopped for printers after cardiac rehab
both on Monday and Wednesday and am overwhelmed with things I don't
want a printer of mine to be able to do.

I'm with you. I've always felt that there is too much "overkill" in
the computer market place; people can't keep up with the changes, and
like me, they don't want to. Technology for new software, printers,
computers, etc., should be for the "techno-junkies" and not the
typical person like you and I who want something that works "just
fine".

I remember I had this problem with an entire computer lab (24
stations) and I can't remember now how I fixed it, but I know it's
somewhere in the setup. Give it some time and it will come to you
what to do. You can do it.

Thanks, Rhoda

On 5 Aug 2004 05:59:41 -0700,
(Beth Pierce) wrote:

Got into Printer Settings and change the mode from Banner to Letter.

(R.E. Wicker) wrote in message ...
Who has the solution for this problem. Wonderful printer up to a few
weeks ago. Now the banner light won't go out even though I followed
all the directions. What's the secret?

Rhoda