OT shipping charges, oh good grief!

Old November 24th 10, 04:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default OT shipping charges, oh good grief!

I've looked high and low. I can not find a Max Factor sponge for applying
makeup anywhere here in the Swamp. It's not like I was expecting to find
them at the feedstore or post office but the drugstore and Wally don't have
them either. I really, really need one.
So. I tried online.
They want $ 6.99 to ship a little bitty weightless sponge.
In a Pig's Eye.
With Black Friday Madness upon us we need to be vigilant to watch
for killer padded shipping costs. Do you suspect they think we're as dumb
as we look? Polly

Old November 24th 10, 01:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Shocking! OTOH, having posted such info here, you might be inundated
with a surprising number of sponges in envelopes :-)
Roberta in D

Old November 24th 10, 02:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Easy now. I enjoyed my first cup of coffee and shopped around. Found what
appears to be a better sponge with even higher shipping costs. Being
logical is no fun at all. Polly

"Roberta"

Old November 30th 10, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline[_3_]

Some months back, I wanted to order a sort of unique book mark. It came in
a set of 6 & I think they cost about $5. They easily would fit into a
letter size envelope, but the shipping charges were about $9! So, I called
the company & they told me that was their standard shipping charge. When I
explained that it was so small & would probably only need 1 or at most 2
postage stamps, they agreed & sent it to me & didn't even charge for the
stamps. Just depends on if you're dealing with a reasonable person who is
also a thinking person

Pauline
Northern California

I know, I know, I've been out of touch for months. Probably since about
June, when we acquired Maggie the lunatic puppy. Life is not the same as it
once was & she is getting on my DH's last nerve! (His idea to get the
puppy)

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I've looked high and low. I can not find a Max Factor sponge for applying
makeup anywhere here in the Swamp. It's not like I was expecting to find
them at the feedstore or post office but the drugstore and Wally don't
have them either. I really, really need one.
So. I tried online.
They want $ 6.99 to ship a little bitty weightless sponge.
In a Pig's Eye.
With Black Friday Madness upon us we need to be vigilant to watch
for killer padded shipping costs. Do you suspect they think we're as dumb
as we look? Polly

OT good grief Polly Esther[_5_] Quilting 14 March 14th 09 11:39 PM
OT good grief, now what? Polly Esther Quilting 13 January 2nd 06 11:56 PM
Good grief you guys have been chatty gwacie Beads 0 June 11th 05 09:13 PM
Good Grief Shillelagh Yarn 22 June 24th 04 08:10 PM
Good grief, it's quiet!! Alison Rubberstamps 14 August 4th 03 05:22 AM