Pillowcase fun

Old November 20th 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA[_2_]

Default Pillowcase fun

Marcella Peek wrote:
I was taught how to make easy, three seam pillowcases at a quilt
retreat. I put step by step instructions up on my blog.

http://www.peek.org/marcella/2010/11...illowcase.html

Fun, indeed! I made one this morning while waiting for a friend to show
up for a visit. I think the cutting and pressing took longer than the
sewing :-) Should be the first three pictures at this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rita-ray/

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old November 20th 10, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"Rita L. in MA" wrote:

Marcella Peek wrote:
I was taught how to make easy, three seam pillowcases at a quilt
retreat. I put step by step instructions up on my blog.

http://www.peek.org/marcella/2010/11...illowcase.html

Fun, indeed! I made one this morning while waiting for a friend to show
up for a visit. I think the cutting and pressing took longer than the
sewing :-) Should be the first three pictures at this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rita-ray/

Rita

That's great! What adorable fabric you used too.

marcella
Old November 21st 10, 03:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
dealer83

On Nov 19, 1:10*pm, Marcella Peek wrote:
I was taught how to make easy, three seam pillowcases at a quilt
retreat. *I put step by step instructions up on my blog.

http://www.peek.org/marcella/2010/11...illowcase.html

I'm giving mine to my family on Christmas Eve (we have enough pajamas to
last us at this point!) *They were really fast and easy if you haven't
tried them before.

marcella

This method is just the best ever. I've done about 40 so far for
charity donations to a kids shelter. Last Monday our quilting group
had "pillowcase night" and we made up 20 in an hour for a local church
charity. They are a fabulous stash buster too! Donna
Old November 22nd 10, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

"Rita L. in MA" wrote in message
Marcella Peek wrote:
I was taught how to make easy, three seam pillowcases at a quilt
retreat. I put step by step instructions up on my blog.

http://www.peek.org/marcella/2010/11...illowcase.html

Fun, indeed! I made one this morning while waiting for a friend to show
up for a visit. I think the cutting and pressing took longer than the
sewing :-) Should be the first three pictures at this link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rita-ray/

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)

That fast, huh? Sounds like something I need to do -- a quick-finished
project would give me such a sense of accomplishment right now. I haven't
done much sewing in such a long time....

Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks, Nevada USA

Old November 22nd 10, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita L. in MA[_2_]

Kay Ahr wrote:

That fast, huh? Sounds like something I need to do -- a quick-finished
project would give me such a sense of accomplishment right now. I
haven't done much sewing in such a long time....

Kay Ahr in Reno/Sparks, Nevada USA

Oh yes, Kay. Just do it. It will give you the lift you are looking
for. One word of advice, make one that you will use. I did a Christmas
one and will probably find a use for it before the holiday comes but
right now, I just look at it and smile :-)

Rita

--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Old November 24th 10, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

A girlfriend was over today. She had bought a ton of fabric to make
into pillowcases for gifts and wanted me to show her how to do it.

Instead of a skinny strip of accent fabric she had purchased large rick
rack.

Wow, was that cute!

Another fun idea to try.

marcella
Old November 25th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak[_2_]

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 09:55:49 -0600, Marcella Peek wrote
(in article ):

A girlfriend was over today. She had bought a ton of fabric to make
into pillowcases for gifts and wanted me to show her how to do it.

Instead of a skinny strip of accent fabric she had purchased large rick
rack.

Wow, was that cute!

Another fun idea to try.

marcella

that sounds so cute. I'll have to try it sometime.

Maureen