Is it time for a round of who we are???

Old December 18th 04, 04:36 AM
Frank Thallas

Default Is it time for a round of who we are???

I'll go, since I've been lurking awhile - Hello, my name
is Liadain, and I am a Blackworkaholic...G I do period-style blackwork,
some knitting, crochet, quilting,crossstitch, and am beginning at whitework,
smocking, and needlelace......
I live in Wyoming near Devil's Tower on an old homestead, have been
married about 100 years, and have 2 children, 3 grandchildren, 2 dogs, and 8
(how did THAT happen?!?) housecats...
Next?

Liadain

"Stitcher" wrote in message
I was thinking when I saw Magdalena's post that it might be a good
time for a round of introductions????
Ruby

Old December 18th 04, 05:14 AM
Addie Otto

What an unusual name! What is it's background? I would guess Irish or
Welsh, but I'm probably wrong!

Addie

ink.net...

Old December 18th 04, 11:13 AM
Sally Swindells

Yes - I'll come out of the woodwork!

I'm Sally, 64, from Suffolk on the east coast of England. We retired
here to the seaside three years ago from Nottingham.

Am just finishing a mainly hand quilted king size quilt with lots of
applique and embroidery on it which has taken over my life for the
past year or so. Apart from that have plenty of UFOs in the embroidery
line - some cross stitch, a bit of goldwork, some stumpwork. Enjoy
doing landscapes and have just finished some tiny ones on silk and am
currently doing one on some felt I made. I like all the new techniques
tho I really prefer doing hand rather than machine embroidery. I'm a
bit of a Jack of all Trades and master of none, but I do like
collecting the gizmos like a heat gun, Tyvek Fabric paints and lots
and lots of threads.

Haven't found any groups or classes down here apart from the monthly
Embroiderers Guild, which is a very thriving branch but is a 40+
minute drive. They have a number of workshops too during the year, as
well as the usual speakers. I use the Embroiders Guild Stitch Magazine
and also Maggie Grays Workshop on the Web
http://www.workshopontheweb.com/
for learning/inspiration.

Would appreciate a 48hour day which is why I'm usually up far too late
at night!

Sally Swindells

Old December 18th 04, 12:53 PM
Pat P

"Sally Swindells" wrote in message
news
[...]

Hi Sally from Suffolk - I`m Pat from Suffolk (Felixstowe - well, Trimley St
Martin, actually) - nice to meet a "local". I`m another late bird - don`t
usually go to bed until about 2.30!!! Mind you, I don`t get up very early,
either. If you want to email me just take the NOSPAM out of my email
address.

Pat P

Old December 18th 04, 01:28 PM

Hi - I mostly lurk, but type up a thought now and then!

I live in Minnesota - White Bear, a suburb of St. Paul. Have been
married for 30 years, three pretty grown children. Oldest son is in
Virginia serving in the Navy, second son is in Boston studying for his
Ph.D. in archaeology and daughter is in Pensacola finishing up her BS
in biology - then Vet school(?). Husband works in marketing for a
medical device company and I manage physician billing for a specialty
hospital. And we both love up our 13 year old Golden Retreiver - who is
getting a bath today!

After those kids left home I got back to stitching - had done some when
they were little, but then life got too busy! But now I'm working on
linen, using silks, stitching 1 over 1, beading, using specialty
threads - boy, is it fun!

I love to read as well - so am often torn about how to spend my time.
But, stitching seems to win out these days and I read in bed -for about
5 minutes before I nod off!

Let's hear form someone else!

Mary

Pat P wrote:
"Sally Swindells" wrote in

message
news

Old December 18th 04, 03:19 PM
Jenn Liace

wrote:

I was thinking when I saw Magdalena's post that it might be a good
time for a round of introductions????
Ruby

Sounds good to me!

I'm Jenn, I'm a 31-year old divorcing mother of two working as a legal
secretary in Chicago's Loop. I've been doing cross stitch for about
15 years, and in the last year have started Hardanger and blackwork.
My favorite designers at the moment are Marc Saastad of The Silver
Lining and Just Nan. My current projects and my Webshots album are
listed in my signature below.

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace

Current projects:
Terry's Garden (Lesa Steele Designs)
Nordic Needle Rose (Silver Lining)
Starry Night (Vincent van Gogh via Cross Stitch Collectibles)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Weight loss to date: 18.5 lbs
Old December 18th 04, 04:36 PM
Karen C - California

I think you're right!

I'm "The Karen", originally from New York, but now in California. I have
health problems that prevent me from working full-time, so I work part-time
from home as an editor/proofreader. The cats like that better, since Mom's
always here for a cuddle.

I've been stitching since I was a toddler. I prefer realistic-looking designs
(e.g., Silver Lining florals, MLI angels).

I also like baseball, ice skating, music, reading, and I'm a CNN junkie.

--
Finished 12/8/04 -- Army bear ornament
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old December 18th 04, 04:59 PM
Lucille

I'm Lucille, originally from Brooklyn, New York and now retired and living
in Florida. I've been doing needlework or knitting or crocheting or
something involving sewing for most of my life and love to try different
things. That's where RCTN becomes a wonderful thing. There's no end to new
ideas and methods to try.

Lucille

Old December 18th 04, 05:17 PM
anne

I'm a former New Yorker (no one who has ever lived in New York forgets it g),
living in Tennessee. I may have inherited my grandmother's craftiness -- I
remember watching her handle long strips of cut wool material to hook floral
patterns.

I love 'regular' embroidery and crewel because of the variety of stitches that
can be used in a free form manner. Despite numerous tries, I get lost in xs
patterns that have many similar colors next to each other. I'm doing better
with blackwork and simple geometric patterns with few color changes. I wish the
kit manufacturers would convert some of the xs patterns to free form stitchery
as I'm a bit tired of flower patterns.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old December 18th 04, 06:36 PM
Dixie Sugar

Hi,

My name is Brenda and I am from Mississippi in the USA. I am about to be
retired and hope to pursue sewing, crochet, etc. as my hobby. I have done
some in the past but not much in the recent years. Not too good at any but
I like to try.

I live in the deep south about 250 miles from the Gulf Coast with my sweet
hubby and our 3 dogs. We have between us 5 children and 9 grands.

Brenda

"Stitcher" wrote in message
I was thinking when I saw Magdalena's post that it might be a good
time for a round of introductions????
Ruby

AD - The time has come, the time is now... Kalera Stratton Beads 26 January 31st 05 01:34 AM
if you have time Charlie Beads 10 January 20th 05 10:32 PM
OT - Story: Time Flies Kathy N-V Beads 2 January 18th 05 05:25 PM
Old Time Quilting advice Marcella Tracy Peek Quilting 23 September 2nd 03 01:32 PM
Mini Round Robin Melissa in NJ Quilting 6 August 24th 03 11:48 AM