More of I'm gonna make a quilt for "the wedding" saga.....whazzat called??

Old February 26th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Default More of I'm gonna make a quilt for "the wedding" saga.....whazzat called??

I've seen a heart that has sort of square-ish angled ears and a nine patch
square (holy creaking blue bells, I'm starting to sound like a quilter
person, huh!) set on point to form the bottom of the heart........does this
make sense to anyone? The problem being, if I don't know what it's called I
can't find it to get a pattern or destructions or any stuff like that. I
see this quilt in my mind, now I just need to figure out how to do what I
think I want. GB foolish G

Contrary to Miss Polly's private elbow nudge suggestion about making a
double wedding ring quilt with scalloped bound edges, etc........and I
really seriously looked at this thinking, brilliant idea Polly, why
not!........then realizing Polly and the gators were all but rolling on the
floor, wetting themselves laughing while suggesting such a thing to ME
*knowing* I would never be able to afford enough alcohol, chocolate,
psycho-therapy, new shoes for the wedding AND quilt materials. Our Polly has
a sick, warped, twisted sense of humor........must be why we love her
so.......~snort!~ )

Val

Old February 27th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

http://www.ocqg.org/News/OCQGFeb07.pdf scroll through this newsletter
until you get to the blockof the month. Is this what you're looking for?

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old February 27th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Well, here's a log cabin that makes a *big* heart:

http://www.equilters.com/library/hol...abinheart.html

But if you're looking for the heart block you describe, (and I know I've
seen others), try this one:

http://www.quilting-arts-forum.com/valblock.html

It's even got your name on it. LOL
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old February 27th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

2nd reply: Here's the one I think you were actually looking for?

http://www.quilt.com/BlockOfTheMonth/1998/Heart.html

Old February 27th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

You're welcome. Someone in our guild made that whole top in those colors
and it was yummy!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old February 27th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Well, I declare. Here I am pure as the driven snow and Val suggests that I
could be guilty of anything except encouraging her to do her best. Mercy.
Doesn't everybody create a double wedding ring quilt with scalloped binding
for their 2nd quilt? Please pardon me. One of the gators has the hiccups.
BwaaaaaHAhaha. Polly

Old February 27th 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

OH!! I like that better than any of the ones I found. (and had I read
carefully, I'd have know I didn't find the right ones - 9-patch!!! Duh. Oh
well, now I have a new setting for log cabin, so it wasn't a complete waste
of time.

Old February 27th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I am not sure what you are describing. Do you mean anything
like this?
http://tinyurl.com/ys4frt
--
Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o

:

Old February 27th 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Ohhhhhhh, that's nice. If the hearts were done in red and white they'd look
like the paper heart baskets my Danish Grandma taught me to weave to hang on
the Christmas tree *mumbling about possibly making quilted Christmas wall
hanging or table runner* Kathyl nailed the pattern I had seen and was
looking for. Now I'm looking at fabric, and moving construction paper cut
outs around on my coffee table making designs........does this madness never
end?? I need a cool cloth for the back of my neck.

Val