My First (completed) Brick Stitch Project

Old July 2nd 04, 07:24 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default My First (completed) Brick Stitch Project

My first completed brick stitch piece. It's from the Feb 2004 B&B, from
Anna Nehs. I took her brick stitch class at the B&B show this year. I made a
couple adjustments for size and used a toggle instead of the bead & loop
closure in the pattern. I'm going to make another one, I think, with cobalt
and med blue iridescent delicas and black Swarovski accents. I really
enjoyed this exercise and hope I can get those darned decreases down - still
not happy with how some of them look.

Open for hints/suggestions. Detail and overview pics in my Gallery.

http://snipurl.com/7afn

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: penguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com

Old July 2nd 04, 08:54 PM
Beadbimbo

Well, I can't help with the hints or suggestions, since I'm not a seed
beader(yet, but I'm feeling the calling), but I think it looks great! Very
pretty!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 2nd 04, 10:01 PM
Shirley Shone

Barbara, I have not been able to view your website or any of the
pictures you have sent.

I got my son to look at it and he says that maybe it is to do with your
ISP. He says the files are not coming fast enough, since we got an
"Operation timed out message". He tried many ways to get them.
I am no computer guru so I do not know what he is talking about with
this file that file, he does it so quick that I cannot take it in.

Can you send your picture to me a a jpeg in an email and see if that
works. I never got to see the last pictures of your dear little boy.
Shirley

In message , Barbara Forbes-Lyons
writes

Old July 2nd 04, 11:06 PM
Cheryl

My first completed brick stitch piece

kind of reminds me of Egyptian or Babylonian -- especially with that shade of
blue...

neat design!
Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old July 2nd 04, 11:29 PM
Carla

I think so, too. It reminds me of lace.

Cheers,
Carla

vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Barbara Forbes-Lyons"
:

]http://snipurl.com/7afn

it's very pretty, Barbara.
really!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
-----------
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Old July 3rd 04, 05:33 PM
DreamBeadr

It is very pretty Barbara!

How are you doing the decrease? Is the outside thread hidden, or does it show
along the side of the bead on every other row?

I have found that doing brick where the thread is exposed leaves a larger
opportunity for my tension to be too variable. If I do the decrease from one
extra bead over, so that my thread is always contained inside the hole of the
bead, my tension is much more consistent and I don't end up with tilted beads.

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com
Old July 4th 04, 06:03 AM
Kalera Stratton

Holy crap! Wow, I love it! The one you're talking about in cobalt, med.
blue, and black Swarovskis... swoon I can hardly wait to see that.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old July 5th 04, 02:28 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Thread is hidden to the inside. I just can't always get that outside bead to
lay flush and level. Most frustrating.

On the up side, I should be really good at ndebele with delicas, lol.

Barb

Old July 5th 04, 02:28 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

And I;m thinking of doing that one as a choker. :-)

Barb

"Kalera Stratton" wrote in message
Holy crap! Wow, I love it! The one you're talking about in cobalt, med.
blue, and black Swarovskis... swoon I can hardly wait to see that.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Update: World Beading Project meijhana Beads 2 January 2nd 04 05:02 PM
I learned brick stitch mĒdcĒt Beads 17 October 16th 03 09:51 PM
Brick Stitch CLP Beads 4 October 15th 03 04:09 AM
Brick Stitch CLP Beads 0 October 14th 03 10:00 PM
I just learned brick stitch mĒdcĒt Beads 1 October 13th 03 04:11 AM