sticker paper

Old September 20th 03, 09:04 AM
Allan Adler

Default sticker paper

I saw an interesting website where the author, Fergus Duniho, explained
how he had made a Chinese Chess set from an inexpensive checker set by
photocopying the relevant pictures from Lau's book on Chinese Chess onto
sticker paper and then sticking them onto the checker board and onto the
pieces. That seemed simple enough that I didn't need to remember the
website afterwards, but there was one detail I didn't understand while
I was reading it: I don't know exactly what is meant by sticker paper
and I don't know whether copy places will allow you to copy onto it.
Can someone please clarify this point. (Please don't send email since
there are some problems here with email at the moment).

Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

* *
* Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial *
* Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect *
* in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston *
* metropolitan area. *
* *
Old September 21st 03, 10:51 PM
Karen Walker

Hi, Allan.

You can find sticker paper at almost any craft store. I use "Suddenly
Stickers" which I get at Michaels. I put the paper through my printer just
like regular paper, print my design, then cut it out and peel off the
backing, leaving the sticker ready to be placed wherever I want it.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!
Karen
"Allan Adler" wrote in message

I saw an interesting website where the author, Fergus Duniho, explained
how he had made a Chinese Chess set from an inexpensive checker set by
photocopying the relevant pictures from Lau's book on Chinese Chess onto
sticker paper and then sticking them onto the checker board and onto the
pieces. That seemed simple enough that I didn't need to remember the
website afterwards, but there was one detail I didn't understand while
I was reading it: I don't know exactly what is meant by sticker paper
and I don't know whether copy places will allow you to copy onto it.
Can someone please clarify this point. (Please don't send email since
there are some problems here with email at the moment).

Ignorantly,
Allan Adler

*

*
* Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial

*
* Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect

*
* in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston

*
* metropolitan area.

*
*

*

Iron on Transfer Paper hpman247 Marketplace 0 December 23rd 04 08:02 AM
How to make Paper earrings Deb Jewelry 1 October 16th 04 08:21 AM
Paper Cut Zoe Marketplace 0 August 28th 03 10:30 PM
CHINESE PAPER CUT ITEMS HISTORY & MORE Zoe Marketplace 0 August 7th 03 06:48 AM
HELP: Looking for a paper cutting gizmo... Mayer Goldberg General Crafting 3 July 25th 03 05:54 AM