Ad and Gallery Update - Tink

Old April 3rd 04, 07:48 AM
Tinkster

Default Ad and Gallery Update - Tink

I've barely had time to keep up with processing sales lately, much
less taking care of email. I've only been able to quickly scan RCB and
WC, so I'll have a lot of catching up to do later on this weekend.

Hey, I heard from the Gallery Manager in Ann Arbor this afternoon.
Today was the official opening of my exhibit there, and sales were
brisk! Enough so that she's concerned about running out of exhibit
stuff. About half of what I had on exhibit had sold by lunchtime
today! Yay! I'm planning to take more things up there next Wednesday,
which will give Donna and me an opportunity to have lunch at
Zingermann's Deli! Double YAY!

Nothing in the kiln tonight except for two vessels. Way cool vessels,
but I know that's not everyone's cuppa :-) Museum orientation this
weekend, which means I have to be UP AND AWAKE at about 7 AM Saturday
morning. That's a little over five hours from now. Bleah.

Because I'll be pretty occupied all weekend, I thought I'd post now
about the eBay auctions and store items I have put up. I would love
for you guys to take a look. I've been trying to find a balance
between store and auction listings. My store has done really well, but
I'm hoping that keeping some auctions up will drive more traffic
through the store. It costs a LOT less to put things in the store than
to auction them...

Store/Gallery link:
http://stores.ebay.com/Black-Swamp-Glassworks

Only a few things on my site right now. I'm offering a free Black
Swamp Glassworks magnet with any website purchase of $30 or mo
http://blackswampglassworks.com

While you're there, please sign up for my newsletter. I don't often do
mailings, and it does offer some benefits not available to the general
public!

See you guys when this crazy weekend is over, and I'll let you know
how it went.

Tinkus Torcherus --------- My Latin Name

:-)
New Auctions Up:
http://snipurl.com/2pun
http://blackswampglassworks.com
Old April 3rd 04, 03:41 PM
roxan

Good for you, we should all have this problem of running out of stock. I
hope you can get enough to replenish your show.
Roxan

Old April 3rd 04, 06:27 PM
BeckiBead

Tink - YOU ROCK.

Becki
"In between the moon and you, the angels have a better view of the crumbling
difference between wrong and right." -- Counting Crows
Old April 3rd 04, 08:45 PM
Helen Page

Tinkster wrote:
Tinkus Torcherus --------- My Latin Name

Tinkus TortureUs, more like!

Old April 3rd 04, 09:27 PM
Tinkster

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 20:45:07 +0100, "Helen Page"
wrote:

Tinkster wrote:
Tinkus Torcherus --------- My Latin Name

Tinkus TortureUs, more like!

*chuckle* Nah.... In fact, I've gone back and changed some of my
auction prices. It's worth a look ;-)

Tink (who was supposed to get up at 7 for a meeting and didn't. Got up
a half hour before said meeting. Day continues at frantic pace!)

New Auctions Up:
http://snipurl.com/2pun
http://blackswampglassworks.com
Old April 3rd 04, 09:34 PM
Margie

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 20:27:49 GMT, Tinkster
wrote:

*chuckle* Nah.... In fact, I've gone back and changed some of my
auction prices. It's worth a look ;-)

Oooo...I'll start!

Tink (who was supposed to get up at 7 for a meeting and didn't. Got up
a half hour before said meeting. Day continues at frantic pace!)

Uh oh....drive safe, missy!

--
Margie
http://www.handcraftedjewelry.com/st...asp?userid=261

Old April 3rd 04, 09:50 PM
Tinkster

wrote:

*chuckle* Nah.... In fact, I've gone back and changed some of my
auction prices. It's worth a look ;-)

Oooo...I'll start!

Heheheheh! I knew someone would be happy. LOL! I had a wholesale
customer waiting in the wings for that set, but I didn't know she
really wanted them. You have to be direct with me: "Tink, gimme those
beads. Now!" She was saying, "Oh! Those are SO NICE! I can think of a
million things to do with them!"

To her, that was claiming them. NOT. *waving at her because she hangs
out here". Anyway, long story short, I had just spent an appreciable
amount of time photographing the suckers and writing up the ad. The
deal we struck was thus: I'll post them with a starting bid of her
wholesale price with an appropriate Buy It Now. If they sold, I would
make her another set. If they didn't, she could have them at the
wholesale (opening bid) price.

I fussed around on the torch after I got home today and made another
set, since these go so well. Emailed her about it and she said "Thank
goodness! I was going crazy watching the auction." So that allowed me
to revise my auction. LOL! And now it's a bargain, as I am SO over
making these. Time to move on... And they won't do me any good for my
gallery stocking need, as I'd have to turn them into something. Which
is not my thing. I suppose I could put each bead on a cord or
something. LOL!

I may be nuts, but I see eBay as much, much more than just an
immediate buy/sell vehicle: The exposure you can get by keeping items
up there is very valuable, in my opinion. I really like the layout of
the ad for this set of beads, and felt it was important that it be
seen.

Does any of this make any sense? I am still not totally functional
today from having to get up early with little sleep.

Tink

PS - Here is the auction I'm talking about:
http://snipurl.com/5g2g
New Auctions Up:
http://snipurl.com/2pun
http://blackswampglassworks.com
Old April 3rd 04, 10:05 PM
Margie

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 20:50:49 GMT, Tinkster
wrote:

I may be nuts, but I see eBay as much, much more than just an
immediate buy/sell vehicle: The exposure you can get by keeping items
up there is very valuable, in my opinion. I really like the layout of
the ad for this set of beads, and felt it was important that it be
seen.

Yes, it does make sense and I love the ad. I wanted to tell you that
when I teased you about selling "key largo" but gawds know what I did
to lose that thread. Anyhoo, you're artist ability isn't confined to
just glass, your ad is a reflection of your art too. I know it
doesn't have to be but I could tell immediately that you wanted it to
be artful and it is! Ta-dah! Well done, Tinkmeisterina. G

Does any of this make any sense? I am still not totally functional
today from having to get up early with little sleep.

A couple shots of espresso should fix you up for about 4 hours.

Old April 3rd 04, 10:10 PM
Margie

wrote:

I may be nuts, but I see eBay as much, much more than just an
immediate buy/sell vehicle: The exposure you can get by keeping items
up there is very valuable, in my opinion.

I think maintaining a presence on eBay works not just for sales but it
gets your name out there. There is nothing wrong with honest
self-promotion AND new customers. Go Tink Go.

Old April 3rd 04, 10:53 PM
Tinkster

Taking the advice of someone who posted here recently, I am going to
attempt to respond to three posts with one. LOL!

Thank you, vj! I really truly love my eBay store, and it has paid for
itself many times over each month. Unfortunately, I haven't given it
the attention it deserves, primarily because I haven't had the time. I
plan to spruce it up even more in the near future!

Yo Margie! LOL! I think part of the big deal for me about these Largo
beads is that I never, EVER like repeating things. But with these, I
looked forward to it. SO WEIRD. I love EDP so much...

Oh, so what do I pull out of the kiln this morning? A Largo vessel.
LOL! Someone needs to come and hide my EDP and black or something. I
was particularly pleased because I have come up with a new cool way of
doing stoppers for vessels. I dreamed about it the other night, and it
actually worked!

I have to say that I am veyr, very pleased with where my business
stands right now. I don't have a bunch of stuff here that hasn't sold,
I have people coming to my site and my auctions, and I am selling
quite a bit even before I have to take photos, which is a HUGE plus,
in my book! And I have also found that a lot of people who buy from my
site FOUND me on eBay, but won't buy via auction, so they contact me
directly. Now there's a good reason to keep auctions up all the time!

According to my microenterprise team, because 80%+ of my customer
base is repeat business (a very good thing) the way to grow my
business is to increase the customer base. That would, potentially,
mean exponential growth if the new customers are also repeat buyers.

With that in mind, the fellas and I have put together some goals for
the next six months since the previous six months went so well and
exceeded expectations and projections:

*Bead and Button Ad
*Bump up the Demos and Classes (local and long distance)
*More eBay Auctions (primarily for the visibility)
*Better Utilization of my Mailing List
*Direct mailings to Shops and Galleries
*I forget the rest. LOL!

More than anyone wanted to know, I'm sure, but maybe this will help
someone else who's reading...

Tink
http://stores.ebay.com/Black-Swamp-Glassworks
New Auctions Up:
http://snipurl.com/2pun
http://blackswampglassworks.com

AD & news: "Swept Away" ends tonight, potential gallery! Kalera Stratton Beads 6 April 2nd 04 05:01 AM
Announcements and Ad: Gallery Exhibit, Website Update and More - Tink Tinkster Beads 1 March 24th 04 12:15 PM
OT Andale Gallery sucks bluemaxx Beads 2 October 1st 03 06:37 AM
Nother Update OT Update on Karlee Sjpolyclay Beads 0 August 31st 03 02:04 AM
Vibes are working! Update on Mom Sjpolyclay Beads 9 August 24th 03 09:14 PM