OT A Most special squishie

Old May 9th 04, 12:54 AM
Polly Esther

Default OT A Most special squishie

Squishing and thunking are just wonderful. I didn't know until tonight
whether it was better to give or receive; just touching with you is such a
heart squeeze - but I really found a special one just now. It is a luscious
yellow, sort of splattered with a brighter, darker shade of gold and faded
out to nearly white in places, just grand. It arrived washed, pressed and
neatly folded, just what I needed for the creation at hand and I unfolded
it. Somebody's sweet QI had thoughtfully sneaked a substantial amount of cat
hair tucked and rubbed inside. Our big kitty died a year ago and we will
always miss him sorely. How sweet it is to have received a surprise squishie
from a kitty. He knew how I would treasure his gift. If it may have been
your kitty, please go rub his whiskers for Aunt Polly.

Old May 9th 04, 05:39 AM
frood

Dear, sweet Polly. Only you could get verklempt over a hairball.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

ink.net...

Old May 9th 04, 02:55 PM
KJ

LOLOLOL "Verklempt" Haven't heard that since hearing Mike Myers do that
bit on Saturday night Live...love the word!

om...

Old May 9th 04, 03:42 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Maybe she wasn't verklempt, but had a hairball of her own. ; )

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

"frood" wrote in message
om...
[...]

---

Old May 9th 04, 07:16 PM
Polly Esther

Be careful, LN. I haven't mailed your quilt yet. And to all the QIs that
emailed privately and took credit for the special touch to the squishie; now
really. It couldn't have been all of you all. Polly

Old May 9th 04, 11:16 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

Maybe they didn't all mail the pkg, but did contribute some of the fur?

LN (whose son has the chicken pox)

.net...

Old May 10th 04, 02:49 AM
Polly Esther

Oh bless his heart. Do you know that the only thing that will ease chicken
pox is a Popsicle? Banana is the most effective but some other flavor might
be acceptable. Polly

Old May 10th 04, 02:23 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

He's actually doing pretty well. I think I'm more stir crazy than he is...
and I hate using up my sick time! Thankfully, it looks like I have JUST
enough time for this and won't have to use any vacation time.

To think I used to have every day free at home like this. I could be
cleaning... but nah....