Handquilting at the Fair

Old July 9th 04, 08:17 PM
Debbi

Default Handquilting at the Fair

The county fair opens today. I will be going tomorrow. Want to see if my
wholecloth wins anything. I will be working the Guild's booth in the Home
and Hobbies hall on the 21st from 12-2. Last night when I was getting my
free ticket and parking pass from the President for the 21st she asked me if
I could hang around the fair after I work and come back at 3 to do a
handquilting demo. I am working on another wholecloth and will have it with
me at the fair to work on while I am doing my 12-2 stint. I felt really
honored to be asked to demo handquilting. What makes it weird is:

1) I do not use anykind of hoop
2) I am told by several people that I don't use the thimble properly

My work does get finished so 1 & 2 are really not relevant as far as I can
see!

Debbi in SO CA

Old July 9th 04, 08:27 PM
Shirley.Caylor

Congratulations Debbi. Do it your way and explain that it works for you but
it's not the only way. Just enjoy yourself and have a good time.

Hope your quilt comes in first place!

Shirley

newscCHc.797$TT2.371@fed1read01...

Old July 9th 04, 09:01 PM
Terbear

We will be going, already got our passes, but we might have too much on our
plate for Saturday. More then likely we will be going during the week. I
will keep my eyes pealed for your quilt.
Teri

--
Teri
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

Old July 9th 04, 09:06 PM
Terbear

oh, NM, I realized you are working it on the 21st, I will try to bring my
boys by that day to come & see you....and to just think, I stopped by their
booth last year, with all these questions about quilting, being a non
quilter at the time...and look at me now!
Teri

Old July 9th 04, 10:37 PM
Debbi

Depending on what time you came by the booth last year, I was working that
day too. Was working on the quilt that is now showing at the fair. I doubt
that the one I am doing this year will be ready for next year's show. Hope
to see ya on the 21st.