Another wiring, flooring, and roofing question

Old March 5th 04, 03:40 PM
Cathy Weeks

Default Another wiring, flooring, and roofing question

Right now the plan is to do my flooring on cardstock or something like
that, and to run the tape for the first floor ceiling fixtures on the
second floor, then cover it with the flooring which will be fixed down
in a semi-permanant method.

I got to thinking...instead of running the wiring on the lower part of
the walls, why not run most of it under the flooring, then put a
vertical splice maybe two inches high for the outlets? That way the
only wiring on the walls would be for outlets or wall sconces.

I was also planning on running the wiring for the second floor ceiling
fixtures on the roof, then shingling over it. Has anyone ever done
that? Did it work out, or was it a mistake?

Cathy Weeks
Old March 5th 04, 06:43 PM
Carol

"Chuck" wrote in message

Two inches (feet) seems a mite high, perhaps. Depends on the style
and era of the house, of course. The two old houses I've lived in,
which were wired back in the '30's probably, have outlets quite close
to the floor. All of them are a foot or less.

I run the splice just above the baseboard leaving enough room to put in an
outlet or grommets, whatever you're using. The method of running up the
wall from the floor works best when using outlets as the outlet covers most
of the tape. I trim any excess tape around the outlet.

I have a diagram of this at
http://www.spminiatures.com/tipsandtechniques.html

Carol
S P Miniatures