need help finding items to make a baby rattle and mobile

Old August 24th 03, 06:51 AM
Stephanie

Default need help finding items to make a baby rattle and mobile

I am trying to make a baby rattle and a mobile, but can not find some
things. The book says to use a 1" diameter plastic egg for the
rattle, and a 9" expandable apron clip by Dritz that has an opening or
split in it for the mobile. I have searched all over the internet and
called several craft stores and turned up nothing. Where can I find
these? Thanks!
Old August 24th 03, 05:05 PM
Pat Kight

Smiley wrote:

plastic egg thays those easter type eggs

Stephanie wrote:

I am trying to make a baby rattle and a mobile, but can not find some
things. The book says to use a 1" diameter plastic egg for the
rattle, and a 9" expandable apron clip by Dritz that has an opening or
split in it for the mobile. I have searched all over the internet and
called several craft stores and turned up nothing. Where can I find
these? Thanks!

If the rattle is intended for an actual baby, be careful. Those plastic
eggs are pretty fragile, and it wouldn't take much for the little nipper
to break the thing and gain access to whatever you put inside to make it
rattle.

--
Pat Kight

Old August 25th 03, 07:36 PM
Pat Kight

Stephanie wrote:
Well, first of all, I am not sure they make easter eggs 1" in
diameter. The rattle I am wanting to make is a stuffed bunny, so the
egg will have stuffing and fabric around it. I would hope that the
baby couldn't break that. The problem is finding ANY hollow ball or
egg that size.

Ah, that's clearer. Thanks for the clarification.

How about the little plastic containers used in gumball-style vending
machines to contain wee toys? Those should be just about perfect, and
wouldn't cost you more than a quarter (or whatever the going rate for
those things is).

--
Pat Kight

Old August 28th 03, 03:19 AM
Harriet

write to DRITZ.COM and find out what stores in your area carry this product.
the egg, sorry, don't know.

om...