OT Any pet owners with "Dyson Animal" (purple) vacuum cleaner?

Old May 17th 04, 09:10 AM
Leslie in Missouri

Default OT Any pet owners with "Dyson Animal" (purple) vacuum cleaner?

The subject line says it all. I currently have a TOL central vac system
and it does a terrible job with dog hairs embedded in the carpet. Even
when I use the carpet rake it doesn't get it all up. I'm wondering if
this model of the Dyson does as well as it claims on removing pet hair?

Leslie and The Hairy, Shedding Furbabies- who are worth an expensive
vac! (but only if it works!) ;-)

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Old May 17th 04, 10:40 AM
Kate Dicey

Leslie in Missouri wrote:

The subject line says it all. I currently have a TOL central vac system
and it does a terrible job with dog hairs embedded in the carpet. Even
when I use the carpet rake it doesn't get it all up. I'm wondering if
this model of the Dyson does as well as it claims on removing pet hair?

Leslie and The Hairy, Shedding Furbabies- who are worth an expensive
vac! (but only if it works!) ;-)

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

Mu non-animal DCo4 upright copes perfectly well with 2 cats, and my
friends brand new Animal seems to be coping well with her 4.

You will HATE the grunge that you see in the hopper, but love the
floors! Remember to wash the filters regularly!

--
Kate XXXXXX (Who is debating the great question of the day: vacuum the
living room carpet, or just plough and plant... )
Old May 17th 04, 11:23 AM
Sharon Harper

G'day Leslie!

I have the DC08 Hepa which is designed for allergy sufferers (it is the
purple and green one). If you go to www.dyson.com and click on the Aussie
flag, then go to products and click on DC08 you'll be able to see it. It is
available with both a contact head and a turbo head. Apparently on the US
website only the DC07 and the DC11 are available - maybe this is different
in the stores?

My first suggestion would be to try it out before you buy it. YMMV compared
to mine but I am in lurv!!! LOL - Merlot (my QI) is a long hair - a
shedding one and the DC08 sucks it up no problems. I will let you in on a
secret - Dyson are currently developing a new vacuum so it may pay to shop
around first, then wait a bit and see if it is released. Either way you pay
a fair bit for them but they are worth EVERY penny.

Good luck and email me if you have any questions!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html

Old May 17th 04, 12:03 PM
Patti

Hullo Leslie
We have had our Dyson for ages, so it is not the one you mention; but
even that one has a small strip of the spiky stuff for picking up pet
hair. With my four long haired cats we definitely need something. It is
pretty good. If they have developed one specifically for the purpose I
should imagine that will be great. If you are buying it from a store, I
agree about trying it. Have you a rug that you could get the Furbabies
to roll around on and then take it to the store as a try out? Probably
easier to persuade them to do that than to let you take it home to try!!
..
In article , Leslie in
Missouri writes
The subject line says it all. I currently have a TOL central vac system
and it does a terrible job with dog hairs embedded in the carpet. Even
when I use the carpet rake it doesn't get it all up. I'm wondering if
this model of the Dyson does as well as it claims on removing pet hair?

Leslie and The Hairy, Shedding Furbabies- who are worth an expensive
vac! (but only if it works!) ;-)

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life...they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old May 17th 04, 04:04 PM
Siptah

As another poster mentioned...the difference in the "different" machines is
what they come with. (Except the one that has a lower "toe print" to reach
under lower furniture....but the only machine difference with that is the
"toe print" height. We got the middle level Dyson (yellow). Found out the
"power tool" that the pet level one comes with is essentially the exact same
power nozzle brush our old vacuum. We've only had it a few weeks so far, it
does a little bit better job at pick up than our old vacuum did, but with
*MANY* fewer trips to the trashcan vs the old bagless.

--
Siptah
Columbus, OH

Old May 18th 04, 02:01 AM
CNYstitcher

ANybody have a website where I can take a look at these things?? I have
3 cats and off-white carpeting.....as well as a baby trying to
crawl.....need something to work better than the vacuum we have lugged
around with us

Larisa

Siptah wrote:

As another poster mentioned...the difference in the "different" machines is
what they come with. (Except the one that has a lower "toe print" to reach
under lower furniture....but the only machine difference with that is the
"toe print" height. We got the middle level Dyson (yellow). Found out the
"power tool" that the pet level one comes with is essentially the exact same
power nozzle brush our old vacuum. We've only had it a few weeks so far, it
does a little bit better job at pick up than our old vacuum did, but with
*MANY* fewer trips to the trashcan vs the old bagless.

--
Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations

Old May 18th 04, 02:52 AM
Polly Esther

I am so glad Leslie asked because our vacuum is not going to live much
longer. I haven't seen that any one has mentioned noise level. We've had
vacuums that would just plain drive you mad from the shrieking. Any problems
with the Dyson? Polly

s.com...

Old May 18th 04, 03:02 AM
Taria

Noise is really important to me too Polly. It tell you anytime I
am out and someone strts running around with a vacuum I leave.
(for instance in a store) I have been thinking a central vac
would be great but not if they are not effective. The Eureka I
have now isn't too old but has really bad balance. It has onboard
attachments and is awful to use. The bags are full in no time and
are costing a fortune besides that is isn't very good at picking
everything up. Only thing I like about it is a light that goes off
when it senses no dirt passing. Other than that I hate it.
Taria

Old May 18th 04, 10:28 AM
Kate Dicey

Polly Esther wrote:

I am so glad Leslie asked because our vacuum is not going to live much
longer. I haven't seen that any one has mentioned noise level. We've had
vacuums that would just plain drive you mad from the shrieking. Any problems
with the Dyson? Polly

The Dyson is noisier than any vac we owned previously, but it is so much
better that it's worth it|!

--
Kate XXXXXX