making corners with binding

Old February 1st 04, 04:50 PM
Janise

Default making corners with binding

Hi all. I am new here and hope this question hasn't just been answered. I
have trouble making square corners with my binding. Is there a website to go
to that shows how to make nice square corners?

Thank you, and I hope to become a contributing member of this group.

Boca Jan

Old February 1st 04, 06:37 PM
Maine-iac Rose

well for mitered corners, here is what I posted already for some1 else, hope
this helps.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting...391292,00.html
http://www.geocities.com/quiltfrenzy/miter.html this page gives good pics
and instructions
http://www.quiltindex.com/ATQF/atqf_mitered_corners.asp and another page
with good pics and instructions.
hope these help, this is what I do to miter my corners...Maine-iac Rose

Old February 2nd 04, 01:38 PM
Roberta Zollner

http://myquilts.hypermart.net/tubebind.htm

Welcome Jan! Above is a link to Rita's tutorial on binding. If you scroll
down, you'll see pictures on attaching it with square corners.

Tips:
You can use straight-grain strips for binding too. But sew them together
with bias seams.
Make sure the binding seams don't land in a corner.
When you come to a corner as you stitch down the fold of your binding to the
back side, trim off a little triangle of the quilt sandwich to make a
flatter corner. Also, make sure that the "miter" folds in opposite
directions on the front and back
Roberta in D

Old February 2nd 04, 10:27 PM
Nina

"Janise" wrote in message . ..
Hi all. I am new here and hope this question hasn't just been answered. I
have trouble making square corners with my binding. Is there a website to go
to that shows how to make nice square corners?

Thank you, and I hope to become a contributing member of this group.

Boca Jan

Welcome Jan,
Here is another site for binding the corners:
http://www.piecefulcatquilting.com/binding.htm

This method makes a fold in your binding at the corner and it's quick to do.

Nina

21st Century E-Business Money Making Formula NeoTycoon Needlework 0 January 19th 05 10:48 PM
making molds...progress report! Sjpolyclay Beads 10 July 17th 04 07:59 AM
Judging quilts and bindings . . . . Donna in Idaho Quilting 23 August 31st 03 02:26 PM
binding question Julia in MN Quilting 32 August 30th 03 08:56 PM
New Way of Binding Kathy Applebaum Quilting 6 July 12th 03 07:20 PM