HELP: Looking for a paper cutting gizmo...

Old July 24th 03, 01:29 AM
Mayer Goldberg

Default HELP: Looking for a paper cutting gizmo...

Hello:

I'm looking for a certian devide for cutting paper. I don't know
whether it exists or what would it be called, but here's a rough

- There are all sorts of presses that punch nice shapes through pieces
of paper. You can think of these as extensions of the idea of a 2- or
3-hole punch, just larger, and in nice shapes.

- What I'm looking for is a similar press/punch whereby I could insert
the straight edge of a sheet of paper, and make it round, by removing
the complement to a quarter of a circle... I would like to use it for
inserting ordinary rectangular sheets of paper and obtaining sheets
with round edges.

Does anyone have a clue about such a device? Does it exist? What would
it be called? How can one be obtained?

Thanks,

Mayer )
Old July 24th 03, 04:03 AM
Sharon Ricklefs

I'm thinking you are looking for paper punches. At the bottom it shows a
corner rounder, and the ones above are various shapes. There are many more
out there than what is pictured here, but its enough to give you an idea.
Any of the products you see there I would be able to get in for you, if you
wanted them. As well, I can give you more links to check out if this is
what you are looking for.

Sharon R
Saskatoon, SK
--
Visit my new online scrapbook store - http://www.thehappyscrapbooker.com

om...

Old July 24th 03, 09:36 PM
Pat Kight

Mayer Goldberg wrote:
Hello:

I'm looking for a certian devide for cutting paper. I don't know
whether it exists or what would it be called, but here's a rough

- There are all sorts of presses that punch nice shapes through pieces
of paper. You can think of these as extensions of the idea of a 2- or
3-hole punch, just larger, and in nice shapes.

- What I'm looking for is a similar press/punch whereby I could insert
the straight edge of a sheet of paper, and make it round, by removing
the complement to a quarter of a circle... I would like to use it for
inserting ordinary rectangular sheets of paper and obtaining sheets
with round edges.

Does anyone have a clue about such a device? Does it exist? What would
it be called? How can one be obtained?

Fiskars and other companies make scissors that do exactly what you're
looking for. They have curved blades with little guides - slip the
corner of the paper into the guides, cut, instant curve. Besides simple
curves they come in a variety of other decorative corner shapes. Try
googling for "corner scissors."

--
Pat Kight

Old July 25th 03, 05:54 AM
Liz

On 07/23/2003 08:29 PM, Mayer Goldberg wrote:
Hello:

I'm looking for a certian devide for cutting paper. I don't know
whether it exists or what would it be called, but here's a rough

- There are all sorts of presses that punch nice shapes through pieces
of paper. You can think of these as extensions of the idea of a 2- or
3-hole punch, just larger, and in nice shapes.

- What I'm looking for is a similar press/punch whereby I could insert
the straight edge of a sheet of paper, and make it round, by removing
the complement to a quarter of a circle... I would like to use it for
inserting ordinary rectangular sheets of paper and obtaining sheets
with round edges.

Does anyone have a clue about such a device? Does it exist? What would
it be called? How can one be obtained?

Thanks,

Mayer )

I've shopped from this site--this punch might fit your needs.

http://www.stampin.com/online/accs/punch.htm#rounder

Liz