Bad news! :(

Old May 5th 04, 11:36 PM
Janise Ross

This the best news I've heard all day! Thanks for keeping us informed.

Janise

"Allaya Diep" wrote in message
We're back!

Lainey was able to go all night without needing oxygen, so they sent us

home
today with an armful of medicine to take. I'm seeing her regular
pediatrician on Friday, and hopefully all will check out alright. Laine

is
in good spirits now and happily bouncing along in her jumper with a big

grin
on her face. No doubt, she is happy that there aren't any tubes and wires
hanging off of her any more.

Thanks for all your morale support!

Allaya

"Spike Driver" wrote in message

"Allaya Diep" wrote in message
Hello again...here's an update

Lainey is doing better in most respects...her lungs are slowly

clearing
up,
and she's receiving nebulizer treatments every four hours. She

doesn't
yet
have the instinct to cough when stuff is in her throat though

unfortunately,
so she's taking a while to get rid of all the phlegm and fluid that's

being
rejected by her lungs.

She's off her oxygen tank and is able to breath room air during the

day,
but
she's still not able to keep her oxygen level over 95% when she's

sleeping,
so she needs to stay another night. I've been sleeping at the

hospital
every night she's been there so she can have "fresh" breast milk and

snuggle
with a familiar person. DH relieved me for a few hours so I can go

home
and
have some time alone.

If things weren't bad enough, all this "excitement" has caused poor

Lainey's
stomach to act up again, so she's refluxing even more now, despite the
increase in meds she recently got. *sigh* She's so miserable.

Hopefully
she can go home tomorrow. The good news is that she's become the

favorite
in the pediatric ward, so I have no shortage of help when she gets

into
her
screaming tummy mode. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

I'll
come back with an update tomorrow.

Allaya

"Spike Driver" wrote in message

"Allaya Diep" wrote in message
This is the new message I was talking about in another

post...anyway,
had
to take my dear, sweet daughter Laine to the emergency room very

early
Sunday Morning (about 3:30 AM). She'd been crying for a very long

time,
and
I just knew something was wrong. The doctor at the ER diagnosed

her
with
pneumonia, and she is in the hospital right now because she's

having
trouble
keeping enough oxygen in her blood. There's a possibility she may

come
home
tomorrow, so let's pray that she'll get better tonight.

I'm really angry at the pedi who saw her, though...I brought her

in
because
she had a cold that I thought was something more, but all she said

was
if
she didn't have a fever of 101+, she didn't need to see her. This

same
doctor called up a couple of days later to check on her, and I

told
her

about the coughing and wheezing, and she gave me the same line.

I'm
so
glad
I took the initiative and brought her to the hospital.

That was a lesson to me though! I'm not going to take anybody's

word
for
anything anymore! I'll keep you all posted.

Allaya

Allaya,

Both of you are in our prayers. Please keep us posted

As a parent of three, allways go by you motherly instincs. You will

find
out you are right by a big majority of the time!!!

Hugs and God bless,
Dennis & Gail

Great!
God bless,
Dennis and Gail

Old May 6th 04, 02:36 AM
norma woods

Great news Allaya, thanks for letting us know so quickly.

--
Star love,
Norma

Old May 6th 04, 02:38 AM
J. Koster

On 5/5/04 12:55 PM Allaya Diep is reported to have said the following:

We're back!

Lainey was able to go all night without needing oxygen, so they sent us home
today with an armful of medicine to take. I'm seeing her regular
pediatrician on Friday, and hopefully all will check out alright. Laine is
in good spirits now and happily bouncing along in her jumper with a big grin
on her face. No doubt, she is happy that there aren't any tubes and wires
hanging off of her any more.

Thanks for all your morale support!

Allaya

Wonderful news, Allaya!

Joan
--
Gone fibernatin'.
Old May 6th 04, 03:48 AM
Katherine

Poor little Lainey! And poor Mommy! I hope that the next report is that all
is terrific.
Hugs to both of you,
Katherine

Allaya Diep wrote:
[...]

post...anyway, I had to take my dear, sweet daughter Laine to the

Old May 6th 04, 03:49 AM
Katherine

Allaya Diep wrote:
We're back!

Lainey was able to go all night without needing oxygen, so they sent
us home today with an armful of medicine to take. I'm seeing her
regular pediatrician on Friday, and hopefully all will check out
alright. Laine is in good spirits now and happily bouncing along in
her jumper with a big grin on her face. No doubt, she is happy that
there aren't any tubes and wires hanging off of her any more.

Thanks for all your morale support!

Wonderful! But I am sure that you won't mind if we continue to pray?
Katherine

Old May 6th 04, 09:51 AM
Gwendoline Kelly

Allaya - with all that is going on with your little one I appreciate you
having taken the time to let us know of the progress - we are praying very
hard for her - and for you - as I know what a strain it is with a baby ill.
For what it is worth my youngest daughter had terrible reflux and nothing
seemed to help until at three months I decided to put her on solids ( Farex
is the brand of the cereal used here for babies but I guess you will know
what I mean) and she never looked back - it seems my milk was just too much
for her without solids. God bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old May 7th 04, 07:18 AM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

I am happy for you and your little one, Allaya. Cheering right by your side.
*tippity-tappity*
Best: P.I
"norma woods" kirjoitti viestissä

Old May 12th 04, 12:10 AM
Stella Fenley

Allaya ,I am so thankful your baby is doing better ,and I pray she will get
stronger every day.Stella