best price?

Old March 9th 05, 02:40 PM
rosie read n' post

Default best price?

i am on the hunt for thin strips of leather to use as necklaces with
beads....................
can someone point me in the right and reasonable direction?

thanks

Old March 9th 05, 03:42 PM
rosie read n' post

thanks!
one more question if i can.......................what thickness
would i look for to thread standard beads?

--
rosie

http://www.commonsensemom.com/

"Georgia" wrote in message
: Hobby Lobby
:
: ...

Old March 9th 05, 04:59 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

There is no 'standard' bead - there is the bead that you choose to work with
and then go from there. All beads have different hole sizes - there is no
standard.

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: penguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.
Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!

Old March 9th 05, 05:09 PM
Dr. Sooz

There is no 'standard' bead - there is the bead that you choose to
work with
and then go from there. All beads have different hole sizes - there is
no
standard.

You took the words right out of my mouth, Barb.

Old March 9th 05, 05:54 PM
Karen Sherwood

One terrific source is The Leather Factory. They carry round lacing in a
variety of sizes and colors, and flat sueded lacing in a huge variety of
colors and sizes, as well as latigo and rawhide. Just depends on the
look you want.

http://www.leatherfactory.com/

Check out their locations, their stores are all over (it seems). I
looooove the smell of leather, so visiting their store is always a
near-religious experience for me. G

KarenS
Old March 9th 05, 06:20 PM
Stephanie

http://www.whimbeads.com/weights1.html

This page has a lot of info on bead sizes and related things.

Old March 9th 05, 08:37 PM
Christina Peterson

It's hard to know how to help without knowing more about you and your
project.

What kind of beads and what kind of look? I have wooden beads I painted on
with airplane enamels strung on shoe laces. I have hairpipe bone beads on
strips I cut from a moose hide. I have big expensive lampwork on 4 mm
braided leather with silver end caps. And I have fine beads on 1 mm round
leather and fake leather cords.

And how much of the stuff are you looking for? A couple projects or do you
want to sell your work. Once you know what you want and how much, you can
choose a supplier. Or you can look at a specific product on eBay and
compare prices there.

Tina

Old March 10th 05, 04:27 PM
Kalera Stratton

The concept of "standard" is relatively new to humanity, and endlessly
amusing to me.

I don't know why I find it so entertaining, I just do. People used to
come into Rejuv and tell me their ceiling was "standard" height... and
I'd have the hardest time convincing them that they needed to measure
it. Or they'd think that it would be at some "standard" increment of a
foot, and be utterly baffled when they'd finally measure it and come up
with an odd number like eight foot nine.

Someone at a meeting last year asked for donations of beads made on a
standard mandrel. There was a pause... and then someone piped up with
"which size standard mandrel?" The original speaker then said "You know,
the standard size... I don't know... what size is a standard mandrel?"

I couldn't help it; I busted up.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
There is no 'standard' bead - there is the bead that you choose to work with
and then go from there. All beads have different hole sizes - there is no
standard.

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com

Special launch Price for Vevo! CatalogBuilder- Enterprise Version [email protected] Marketplace 0 January 21st 05 06:37 PM
Stash Sale Ranee Mueller Yarn 10 July 19th 04 03:28 AM
Discounted Magazine Subscriptions Shannon Still Marketplace 0 February 27th 04 01:56 AM
Discounted Magazine Subscriptions Shannon Still Marketplace 0 February 27th 04 01:56 AM
Latest sculptures on Ebay HRV846 Polymer Clay 16 January 10th 04 06:53 PM