Need advice-press

Old February 22nd 05, 12:41 PM
Anna Belle

Default Need advice-press

Hi all,

I have the chance to purchas a Pfaff iron press from a friend for $50.
It is between 10-12 years old.
From those of you who might use one, is it worth the effort? I have
no idea what prices are like and if the use of a press justified the
occupational space in my already crowded sewing room.

Help appreciated,
Anna Belle in Palm Bay

Old February 23rd 05, 09:38 PM
Susan Torrens

I have on that I used when fusing large pieces of interfacings to jacket
fronts. When I did tailoring, it came in very handy. That said, I haven't
had it out in at least 4 years, as it is too big to leave out, and not
really necessary to my quilting. I'd much rather use a good iron.

--
Susan in Zephyrhills FL
quilting as usual!

"Anna Belle" wrote in message

Hi all,

I have the chance to purchas a Pfaff iron press from a friend for $50.
It is between 10-12 years old.
From those of you who might use one, is it worth the effort? I have

Old February 24th 05, 09:50 PM
Anna Belle

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:38:45 -0500, "Susan Torrens"
wrote:

I have on that I used when fusing large pieces of interfacings to jacket
fronts. When I did tailoring, it came in very handy. That said, I haven't
had it out in at least 4 years, as it is too big to leave out, and not
really necessary to my quilting. I'd much rather use a good iron.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I passed on the purchase of the
press, now have more money to spend at the Vero Quilt Show tomorrow.

Anna Belle in Palm Bay