Looking for a solid Sandra Dee pink cotton

Old November 19th 04, 02:50 PM
ginmaru

Default Looking for a solid Sandra Dee pink cotton

After three weeks of the entire family (except the cats) getting sick,
I am now trying to fix my hairdresser's quilt and I need help.

I am looking for a solid pink in a color best described as Sandra Dee
Pink, Pepto Bismol Pink, Puerto Rican Pink (from a Bolivian friend of
mine), or just Bubble Gum Pink.

I haven't been able to find it online yet and would welcome any clues.

Thanks, Ginny

P.S. Sam now says "cra kuhs" for his Chili Cheez Its. Thanks to all of
you wonderful people.
Old November 19th 04, 03:09 PM
frood

Chatelaine has come out with a line of solids to match their 30s repros.
There is a pink in that set that is quite.... Sandra Dee!

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old November 19th 04, 05:51 PM
JoyceG in WA

I think what you might need is an "Aunt Grace" pink solid. Those 1930's-1940's
pinks are "bubblegum" tone. I did a quick Google search and found this link:

http://www.seamslikeyesterday.com/cg...art_id=1538278.
14112.s0&lastmenu=rtreeview.htm&product=1930sfatqu arterpacks

Make sure you scroll down almost to the bottom to find the solids. NAYY.

HTH-
JoyceG in WA

Old November 20th 04, 05:39 PM
ginmaru

Thank You! I am going to try all three so I have a choice of fabrics
to use. One more question, can you use heirloom batiste cotton for the
white?

This quilt has been really, really loved and the fabric is as soft as
silk now and almost as fine. The regular cotton weights even pima feel
too heavy. I am repairing a hole that a dog chewed right through the
quilt.

Thanks again, Ginny

New Fabrics from Robert Kaufman, Moda, Timeless Treasures, more at The Virginia Quilter. The Virginia Quilter Marketplace 1 February 10th 05 11:38 AM
AD: Roses & Pink Champagne Empress Beads Beads 4 February 4th 05 03:51 PM
For Sale: four cotton fabric collections on Ebay Kristi M. Quilting 16 February 20th 04 12:41 PM
"Cotton Pink" Beads Margie Beads 9 January 29th 04 05:43 AM
Keepsake Quilting's solid black cotton Johanna Gibson Quilting 6 October 6th 03 05:55 PM