Press and Seal

Old July 13th 04, 11:07 AM
Roberta Zollner

Default Press and Seal

Thanks again to whoever first posted about this stuff! I kiss your tootsies!
I just finished a little scrap quilt, mainly to use up an accumulation of
scrap stars, and thought it was the perfect chance to try out my new Glad
box. Used orange pigma pen to trace, since the blocks were mainly blue and
violet. No ink transfer that I could see! The best part was peeling it off
afterwards. Gave me the same almost-guilty pleasure as peeling off dead
blister skin at summer camp when I was a child :-)
Roberta in D

Old July 13th 04, 12:23 PM
Polly Esther

If you're really into peeling, I have a coat of polyurethane on a mosaic
tabletop that has begun to chip and crack. You could come peel it for me.
Actually, I'm glad it is coming off. It had yellowed and was obscuring the
colors that I had so carefully chosen. We will plan the peeling for a really
cold day when it flakes off easily. That may be a few months away. Polly

"Roberta Zollner" wrote Thanks again to whoever first posted about this

Old July 14th 04, 12:38 AM
Helen in MN

Could you tell me exactly what you do with the press n seal?
I'm a little dense, so please spell it out.
TIA
Helen in MN

Old July 14th 04, 03:43 PM
ME-Judy

Well, I use it to do machine quilting...

first, find a pattern you want to put on your quilt..... (can be a design to
fill a square, a border design, or (in the case of my new GGD's "Pooh"
quilt,) the words, "silly old bear"

Second, trace the pattern onto a piece of Press'nSeal. I use a permanent
Sharpie marker and then let the lines dry completely.

Third - press the "Press'nSeal" design onto the quilt where you want it. (I
think the greatest thing about it is that you can reposition it AND it will
stay put without pinning AND it is pretty much see-through so you can put it
just where you want it.)

Then, machine quilt on the lines.
Finally, tear the "Press'nSeal" off - and you have a great stitched design.
(Sometimes, it gets "static-ky" and wants to stick to your fingers G, but
use a quick wipe with a fabric-softener/dryer cloth for that.) Also found
that, when you have a circular design or sharp curve, to take the inside
part off first.... lets you get the outside edge off easier. (Just MHO)
Sometimes in a tight notched area, a tweezer helps G.

I love this stuff!
ME-Judy

Old July 14th 04, 04:37 PM
nana2b

Just a warning on the permanent Sharpie. It can come off on the fabric even
if it is completely dry. I use a water soluable pen to mark the press and
seal.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old July 14th 04, 05:27 PM
Michael Curtis

If you bring the tabletop to Wisconsin you could have it peeled in no time
at all. We expect a snowfall any day now.
Diana

nk.net...

Old July 14th 04, 07:21 PM
Tutu

Seems to me that this is something that I "really ought to have!!!!" Of
course, not available here in South Africa - so if anyone is interested in
doing some kind of trade for South African Da Gama Indigo for Press & Seal
please contact me directly OFF LIST (so that a) we don't clog up the
airwaves unecessarily and b) I get your message - my ISP is pretty sparing
in what it decides to download from the NGs)

Hoping to hear from someone

Cheers for now

Tutu
Cape Town, South Africa

Old July 15th 04, 12:51 PM
Jiminy

Is this the new cling film "Press and Seal"??? If so, this would be a better
use of it than food storage (ha ha)...
SGC

Old July 15th 04, 03:19 PM
Monique Reed

Just out of curiosity--how wide is this stuff? If you need it for
something wider than its width, does it stick to itself well enough to
put together big sheets of it?

Monique in TX
Old July 15th 04, 06:49 PM
Roberta Zollner

It's surely wide enough for a 12" block. It sticks to the fabric quite well,
so you could trace borders and such in segments and just line up the pieces
on the fabric. I had setting triangles along the outer edge, traced the
whole block, cut those in half for the triangles, stuck all of them on, and
not one fell off or even shifted.
Roberta in D

"Monique Reed" wrote in message
Just out of curiosity--how wide is this stuff? If you need it for
something wider than its width, does it stick to itself well enough to
put together big sheets of it?

Monique in TX

Press 'n Seal E-mail Message from Handiquilter Royce Quilting 0 April 28th 04 07:01 AM
Resolution for press 'n seal users-this is long jennell H Quilting 12 March 15th 04 05:19 PM
satisfied customer of press and seal Kathy in CA Quilting 8 February 24th 04 02:11 AM
saran press and seal Taria Quilting 3 February 8th 04 05:19 AM
Press and Seal, not OT Becky Quilting 13 January 29th 04 12:26 AM