saran press and seal

Old February 6th 04, 03:00 PM
Taria

Default saran press and seal

Hi Joyce, This was the original note about this stuff. I need to
remember to buy some when I am out today. Was nice to get to catch up
with you yesterday. I need to make an effort to get out more! Hope you
have fun at Rosies.
Taria

You can use it in several ways. For applique, you draw the design on the
press and seal, and use it as an overlay for positoning your pieces. Even
with a second piece on the back to cover up the stickiness, and a third
piece on the front to make sure your lines don't smear, it is still very
thin and flexible. You can use it for foundation piecing. Mark the block
lines on the top, put a second pieces sticky to sticky on the bottom, and a
third on the top to prevent smears if necessary, depending on what you used
as a marker. It is so thin, it stays wonderfully flexible, and the blocks
sew together very easily.

It is also great for quilting patterns. Mark the design on the top side,
and then stick the pattern right to your quilt top. It stays right in place
while you quilt, and tears away easily, with no stitch distortion at all.
You will want to experiment with what to use for a marker, I have had
problems with some indelible blacks transferring some pigment to the thread.
It can be removed with rubbing alcohol. Blue marking pens needed a second
layer of Press and Seal to avoid being rubbed off while quilting, but they
transferred only very small amounts of blue pigment, which of course easily
wash out with water. I am still looking for the perfect marker which will
not transfer any pigment at all to the thread, I have had good success with
Pental Milky Gel White for use with black thread , no transfer at all there.
Plan to try a black gel marker when I get ahold of one.

Old February 6th 04, 03:14 PM
frood

Taria, I don't know if it will work on Press & Seal yet, but I used washable
crayola markers when I use solvy as a quilting stencil. You have to let it
dry for a few minutes, or it will smudge, but any ink that transfers to the
quilt when stitched over washes out easily.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old February 6th 04, 03:14 PM
Taria

sorry guys this was suppose to go to a friend. I really do
hate this new netscape!

Old February 8th 04, 05:19 AM
Smee

It never ceases to amaze me what clever things quilters can find to make
their quilting easier and simpler!! Press and seal hasn't been out that long
and already someone has found a quilting use for it.

Smee