Stop me before I buy from FMG!

Old October 23rd 04, 03:48 PM
Arondelle

Default Stop me before I buy from FMG!

Kathy N-V wrote:
Even though I don't buy from FMG, long story (newbies can google it),
I am still on their mailing list, and I do look through the quarterly
catalogs. The latest one has some really cool looking millefiore
cabs and donuts with a cobalt background and yellow stars.

I still can't figure out why everybody hates FMG. I never have a
problem with them; of course, I'm never in a position to buy high-end
stuff from them, so maybe my expectations are lower.

Meanwhile, I've seen those cabs (etc.) and lust after them myself. So
broke, however, that I can't even pay attention, much less buy beads. :-(

Arondelle
To email me, empty the pond with a net

Old October 23rd 04, 04:08 PM
DreamBeadr

Kathy,

I don't get the FMG catalog, but I think you may be referring to the new (er)
Chinese Millefiori that is on the market.
I have a large order due to arrive in Dec.

I did find this place online for you:
http://www.znetshows.com/GemShow/Ret...ctSubType=Mill
efiori&NavbarFlag=1

I have also seen several Chinese importers at the Gem Shows increasing their
line of this product.

Beki
http://www.whimbeads.com

Old October 23rd 04, 04:51 PM
Janet R

I saw those cab....I was tempted too...I have a drawer full of cabs I
need to do something with first

Janet R

. giganews.com...

Old October 24th 04, 02:15 AM
Lori Greenberg

"Arondelle" wrote in message

I still can't figure out why everybody hates FMG.

Give it time. ;o)

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

Old October 24th 04, 04:37 AM
Cheri2Star

I saw those cab....I was tempted too...I have a drawer full of cabs I
need to do something with first

So what's a few more?

heh heh.

Old October 24th 04, 05:13 AM
Diana Curtis

If you will look in the RCB archives in Google you will read many of the
reasons why a lot of us avoid buying from them. You will be able to make up
your own mind whether you want to do business with them.
Use the search word Fire Mountain.
Diana

--
Vote this November (U.S.A.)
Subject: Stop me before I buy from FMG!
From: "Lori Greenberg"
Date: 10/23/2004 6:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time

"Arondelle" wrote in message

I still can't figure out why everybody hates FMG.

Give it time. ;o)

--
--------------------------------------
Lori Greenberg

I am also curious what the problem is with this company. I have their

catalog,
they sell much the same stuff other companies sell - and was just about to
order until I saw these posts. Do they misrepresent the merchandise? Does

it
take weeks to get orders delivered?? I'm not going to order repeatedly, so

can't 'give it time', but I don't want to waste time and money on my first
order, either.....

--
MizKrysti

Old October 24th 04, 05:47 AM