Reverse Fishermans Rib...???

Old January 16th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Roseagh

Default Reverse Fishermans Rib...???

Hi all and Blessings from Wellington NZ!!

I have a query that I know will get answered here so here I go...
I saw a woman wearing a cardigan and it looked like a lovely openweave
stitch *not hand knitted* and the underside of the garment looked like
fishermans rib. I've not knitted this stitch before and have no
garments like that at home for me to look at.. so I am wondering, if
anyone might know what it is called?!?!

I hope I have explained it well...??

Thanks in advance
Rach

Old January 17th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Roseagh wrote:
Hi all and Blessings from Wellington NZ!!

I have a query that I know will get answered here so here I go...
I saw a woman wearing a cardigan and it looked like a lovely openweave
stitch *not hand knitted* and the underside of the garment looked like
fishermans rib. I've not knitted this stitch before and have no
garments like that at home for me to look at.. so I am wondering, if
anyone might know what it is called?!?!

I hope I have explained it well...??

Welcome to RCTY. Maybe this site will help you:
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm

Higs,
Katherine

Old January 17th 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Hi Rach from Dunedin NZ!

I wonder if what you are describing is something like waffle stitch
(row 1: k1 through back, p1. row 2: p1 through back, k1.) or rice
stitch (row 1: knit. row 2: k1 through back, p1.)?

Vintage Purls
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz

Old January 17th 07, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
suzee

Vintage Purls wrote:
Hi Rach from Dunedin NZ!

I wonder if what you are describing is something like waffle stitch
(row 1: k1 through back, p1. row 2: p1 through back, k1.) or rice
stitch (row 1: knit. row 2: k1 through back, p1.)?

Vintage Purls
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz

Or a shaker stitch?

sue
Old January 17th 07, 10:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Katherine" wrote in message
ps.com...

Welcome to RCTY. Maybe this site will help you:
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm

Higs,
Katherine

Waht a SPLENDID site!

thank you thank you thank you:-)

Mary

Old January 17th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Roseagh

Hello all again..

I have checked both those stitches and no, they are not the one I am
looking for.

what does the reverse of fishermans rib look like?? lol

Rach

Old January 17th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cece

suzee wrote:
Vintage Purls wrote:
Hi Rach from Dunedin NZ!

I wonder if what you are describing is something like waffle stitch
(row 1: k1 through back, p1. row 2: p1 through back, k1.) or rice
stitch (row 1: knit. row 2: k1 through back, p1.)?

Vintage Purls
http://www.vintagepurls.net.nz

Or a shaker stitch?

sue

Actually, what does fisherman's rib look like?

Seems like nowadays, when people say "fisherman's rib," they are
talking about twisted rib. Not at all the stitch Zimmerman meant, the
one she thought people might confuse with brioche stitch.

IME, the back of twisted rib looks just like ordinary rib. The back of
fisherman's rib looks like slightly lumpy stockinette.

Cece

Old January 19th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in message
ps.com...

Welcome to RCTY. Maybe this site will help you:
http://www.knittingonthenet.com/stitches.htm

Higs,
Katherine

Waht a SPLENDID site!

thank you thank you thank you:-)

You're very welcome. I like this one myself, which is why I shared it.

Higs,
Katherine