@%#(*%&#$#%# Buttericks/McCalls/Vogue and lack of men's patterns

Old September 29th 03, 02:04 PM
duh who

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
duh who wrote:

How about leaving the lid up or down? ;-)

I don't care so long as you don't widdle on the seat! Oh, and mop the
floor if you miss!

Hay - dint we juzz to this a while back? ;P

Other list.

Old September 29th 03, 02:40 PM
Diana Curtis

Well... I am happy with the one I got without a pattern but if I were making
a custom order for next time Id make one that would sew clothing, make
quilts, snip posts appropriately, top post and aim carefully first thing in
the morning.
Diana
--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44

"duh who" wrote
Of course, you can always start altering the pattern, but I'd be really
interested in what parts you alter first.

Old September 29th 03, 02:44 PM
Diana Curtis

Id like to come back as a CQ worked vest, full of silk ribbon roses and
fancy fabrics, and very comfy. Right now I am a pair of well worn jeans, a
bit out at the knees and botton hem but still with a lot of life left in
them.
You may be canvas, Kate, but you're still stylin'!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
I'm planning to come back as a slender, bias cut silk Haute Couture
thing - fantastically beautiful, veeeeerrrryyyyy expensive and rare!
This life I seem to be sturdy canvass: sag a bit under strain, but snap
back if scrubbed!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old September 29th 03, 05:13 PM

(Valkyrie)
People made from patterns.....I think that may explain my problem, I
was cut not quite on the bias, as Kate's bridesmaid dresses from
hell......I'm starting to twist, sag and do other most unflattering
things the longer I hang in life. In the next life I'm coming back as
beautifully lovely yet sturdy and durable dupioni instead of this cheap
poly sh*t!!
---
Stop this this minute!! I've blown coffee out my nose twice, and I'm
already short on beans, with no grocery trip planned today.
Cea you wouldn't like me on no coffee, I mean it!

Old September 29th 03, 05:47 PM

Kate Dicey wrote:

Never had this problem with the cats. They are way too interested in
sleeping on the nice fluffy fat new duvet with freshly laundered cover!
The cats only ever go in the bathroom if I want to go in!

They used to not go in, but with the kitchen remodel the only place we
could find for the catbox was in the bathtub.

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa

Old September 29th 03, 05:55 PM
duh who

Stop this this minute!! I've blown coffee out my nose twice, and I'm
already short on beans, with no grocery trip planned today.

I knew you were full of beans.

Old September 29th 03, 07:26 PM
SewStorm

I'm planning to come back as a slender, bias cut silk Haute Couture
thing - fantastically beautiful, veeeeerrrryyyyy expensive and rare!

Kate, you're already as rare as a fine wine, and don't you forget it!

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old September 29th 03, 07:28 PM
SewStorm

It has to be down here or else the cats play in it and the dogs drink
out of it, and in both cases it leaves the seat massively wet and the
floor sploshed.

And if there are toddlers in the house, it must be down, or they play in it,
and occasionally fall in. Not a good thing!

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old September 29th 03, 08:04 PM

SewStorm wrote:
It has to be down here or else the cats play in it and the dogs drink
out of it, and in both cases it leaves the seat massively wet and the
floor sploshed.

And if there are toddlers in the house, it must be down, or they play in it,
and occasionally fall in. Not a good thing!

There are an incrediblyi large number of toddlers who drown in toilet
bowls every year.

Old September 29th 03, 09:23 PM
Byron Kindig

I just got a pattern from Burda #8452. It is for a man' Jacket. It was very
similar to #8450. It is more complicated than, I have made before. I am
fairly new at sewing and have made a Polar Fleece jacket, several different
shirts, shorts, and a bath robe. It is hard to find men's patterns,
especially from companies that are on sale.
Byron
"duh who" wrote in message

damn it.