rotary cutter help

Old January 4th 04, 03:14 AM
Charlotte Hippen

Default rotary cutter help

Does anyone know if the blades are interchangeable between companies? I
would like a second cutter for using with paper and if it were a fiskers or
a dritz I could easily tell my paper cutter from my olfa fabric one. The
dritz are on sale at JoAnn's so I would be able to use my 40% coupon for
more blades. If they are not interchangeable I'll have get a second olfa so
I can use spent blades for paper and then mark them and carfully check
before I cut. It would be nicer if I could just tell at a glance.

TIA
Charlotte

Old January 4th 04, 04:04 AM
Betty in Wi

I believe they are interchangeable....I have a Fiskars and an Olfa.......and
I use the same in both.

Betty

Old January 4th 04, 04:25 AM
Jeri

"Charlotte Hippen" wrote in message
Does anyone know if the blades are interchangeable between companies?

Yes they are. I have a Dritz but use Olfa blades.

Old January 4th 04, 01:15 PM
Polly Esther

Or - you can make one of your cutters "okay for paper" at a glance. We have
two phones that are just alike. Identical. Except one will not fit back in
the other one's holder. It was driving me crazier. I went to my crafts paint
drawer, unearthed the bright orange paint and put 3 polka dots on one phone
and three also lovely polka dots on its base. It is just so nice to return
the phones to their homes without having one crash to the floor.
I don't know how Sony would feel about my embellishment of their phone
but it is their fault. They should have made the @#$! things
interchangeable. Really wandered off the road there, didn't I? Anyhow. You
might as well wrap a strip of blue masking tape or duct tape on the cutter
that it is okay for paper. Just in case somebody is inclined to borrow your
good tools. Polly

On 1/3/04 9:14 PM, opined:

Old January 4th 04, 05:55 PM
Charlotte Hippen

I hadn't thought about decorating it with paint or something like that. I
was going to use a marker to write "paper" or some such thing on the handle.
Thanks for the idea.

Charlotte

nk.net...

Old January 4th 04, 09:48 PM
Susie

You're right. It is for one "REGULAR" priced item.
Susie

I thought those coupons were only good on nonsale items?

Old January 5th 04, 07:00 PM
SusanTorrens

In article 8yLJb.741147$Fm2.669242@attbi_s04, "Charlotte Hippen"
writes:

Does anyone know if the blades are interchangeable between companies? I
would like a second cutter for using with paper and if it were a fiskers or
a dritz I could easily tell my paper cutter from my olfa fabric one. The
dritz are on sale at JoAnn's so I would be able to use my 40% coupon for
more blades. If they are not interchangeable I'll have get a second olfa so
I can use spent blades for paper and then mark them and carfully check
before I cut. It would be nicer if I could just tell at a glance.

I just took a black marker and wrote "PAPER" on the handle of one cutter. DH
knows that he can use that one for anything. I also keep my used blades in a
clearly marked container, in case we need to get a sharper paper blade.
Susan, from Kingston ON
quilting in Florida (what else?)