3D Flying Geese

Old March 7th 11, 01:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Default 3D Flying Geese

I was looking at Dennys link to the blind quilter and found this - Ricky
Tims showing how to make one seam flying geese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Mu0...eature=related

Dee in Oz

Old March 7th 11, 01:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Two of those with the wide sides of the geese to the center would make a
really cool 3D Square-Within-A-Square block, too. Really great process for
FG. I wonder how you could seam (or not???) the longer piece of fabric with
two different colors to make a 'one seam sewn' pair of HSTs??? There are
some interesting variations possible here. Anybody want to come up with
some ideas?

Leslie- geometrically challenged tonight & The Furbabies in MO.

Old March 7th 11, 07:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

That's really great, Dee. Thanks for sharing the link.
With those geese edges being on the bias, those edges could be rolled
back to give a curved edge (something I love to do). Most interesting
potential ....
..
In message , Dee in Oz
writes

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old March 7th 11, 10:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bev in TX[_2_]

How to make 3D Faux Cathedral Window Quilt Blocks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvXUv...eature=related

Bev in TX

Old March 7th 11, 11:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa[_4_]

Thanks for the link - I ended up spending about an hour looking at all the
other stuff.

XX
Di
I'm creative! You can't expect me to be neat too.
Vic Australia

Old March 7th 11, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Indeed!
..
In message , Sandy
writes
In article ,
Pat S wrote:

That's really great, Dee. Thanks for sharing the link.
With those geese edges being on the bias, those edges could be rolled
back to give a curved edge (something I love to do). Most interesting
potential ....

And something could be tucked inside the pocket formed by the raw edge,
as Jenny Rayment loves to do. G

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old March 8th 11, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Thanks, I had forgotten about that technique. Wouldn't that make a fun
baby quilt? Should the flying geese be all over the top or just in
some areas?

Susan

Old March 19th 11, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

http://konabay.com/mm5/complimentary...IIBedQuilt.pdf
here is a free pattern showing off 3D folded units.
j.

"Dee in Oz" wrote ...

Old March 19th 11, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Oh, isn't that beautiful. Thanks J. What a wonderful idea, simply to
superimpose where necessary to achieve the desired effect. So glad to
see you are still 'finding' ...
..
In message , J*
writes

Old March 20th 11, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
J*[_5_]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessamy...7602171187786/
finally found pix of this collabarative effort between Jessamy and me.
i came up with a method to make these 3D units and she put them together
into this quilt.
the method used rectangles (rather than squares overlaid) so the weight of
the final design was less.
easy to do, let me know if you're interested. fwiw.
j.

"Pat S" wrote...
Oh, isn't that beautiful. Thanks J. What a wonderful idea, simply to
superimpose where necessary to achieve the desired effect. So glad to
see you are still 'finding' ...
--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green