Christina in OK's HUG

Old August 28th 03, 04:54 AM
Sharon Harper

And we love you too! We are all an integral part of one very special
family.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
"Christina in OK" noworkingemail wrote in message
s.com...
Yes Sharon You did a wonderful Job, as well did all the others who worked

on
it.
I love the sign's and the stitches that went into each little square inch

of
the quilt.

I may not get to reply to all the post under here.. but I will get too

them
as time lets me.

Just so you all know I Love each and every one of you here..

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Top right hand corner - I did do well! LOL. It is a beautiful quilt and

it
is shown by all the wonderful work and love that has gone into it. Well
done everyone, especially Merry.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"MerryStahel" wrote in message
Christina received her HUG today, so now I can let you all take a look.

Click here or cut and paste and scroll down to Christina's HUG album.

I'm
sorry the colors aren't clearer but it turned out BEAUTIFUL.

http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

Christina cannot post to the NG, something is wrong with her server.

She
sent
an email to all who participated, and it is possible a couple emails

bounced.
If you didn't receive her wonderfully heartfelt thank you - please email

me,
and I will pass it on.

Thank you all so much. Christina is so thrilled we all still think

about
her
and she is finally on the road to recovery. Ya'll send a little prayer

and
white light for her, too.

Merry
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once
http://www.stardancerpress.com/MerryStahel/
http://community.webshots.com/user/merrystahel

Old August 28th 03, 04:55 AM
Sharon Harper

Oooh now that'd be fun! VBEG

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"Christina in OK" noworkingemail wrote in message
s.com...
Don't Jump too far Sharon, you may just find yourself from down under to

on
top.
(BG)

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Hi Christina (Huge waving and jumping up and down from Down Under)

Take it easy!

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Qof DU)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html
Member of the Houston 2004 Party Animals
"MerryStahel" wrote in message
Also, Karen,

I sent the request to Dreamie because I didn't know WHO was the keeper

of
the
HUG list - I vaguely recalled it changed hands, but couldn't remember to

who -
and was not reading the NG regularly at the time.

So really, the fault lies with me - if I'd paid attention and been

reading, I
could have passed it through properly.

But the real point is - Christina now knows she's loved and thought

about,
and
we ALL did our part.

BTW, Christina can lurk - but not post - her ISP is whacked.

Why don't we all send her greetings and outpourings, just to show we're

glad
she's up and about?

She can't sit up long, but if we all send greetings, she'll have a

little
present on the NG every day...

WAVES to Christina!

Old August 28th 03, 04:34 PM
Diana Curtis

I know I have read about basting a quilt on the wall... but I dont remember
who did it that way or how.. wish I did. But you know what.. you are a
quilter. You have the will and no doubt will find the way! Perhaps you could
look into basting spray? that would save time crawling on the floor or at a
table basting.
MQ is something Im really new at so I dont think I can help there
either... boy, Im just NO help today, lol... but once you try it the old way
youll be able to see what areas are giving you trouble and then again..
where the will is .. you will find a way. ..
or you could just send it to LN... unfinished.. We could talk her into
finishing it for you, couldnt we?? LOL
Diana, the most unhelpful

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"IMS" wrote in message
Hi again Christina!

Due to hip problems (bursitis) my doctor suggested I try to sew a
'different' way. I usually sit at the machine when piecing or quilting
(or even sewing anything) using the knee lever in the SM cabinets. (I
have 27 vintage Singers and often switch them around in the cabinets.)
So the problem was how the heck would I sew differently? Still have to
sit, right? She told me stick with the floor controllers and try to
change position often - easier said than done when you're working on a
quilt :-)

So right now I'm doing paper piecing for a wall hanging. I put one of my
Featherweights on cabinet top that's the height of a kitchen counter,
and am doing the piecing standing up. Thank goodness -- it actually
helps my hip! The pain is almost gone! And this is after a cortisone
shot didn't work! YEAH!

But....I still have to sandwich the thing, machine quilt it, etc. Don't
know if I can finangle that standing up :-)

Anyone else deal with hip or back pain and can't quilt the 'usual' way??

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 03:26:52 GMT, "Christina in OK" noworkingemail
wrote:

you know I haven't gave it much thought, but I will need tips on to to work
my back now, and quilt a big quilt like I like to do. hmmm may need lots of
tips.. but I think I am just going to have to make due with what I have.
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Thank you so much Merry, for all you've done. The quilt is lovely and I am
so happy to see the pictures and so glad you had someone to help with the
layout. Does she do take-out? Sometimes I arrange, re-arrange blocks until
I go nuts trying to get just the best one. Polly

Old August 28th 03, 05:24 PM
taria

I have one of the fold down banquet tables. I cut pvc pipe to fit the
legs and that makes it tall enough that I don't have to bend over.
The quilting a little tougher. Make sure the machine bed is a flat
surface, in the cabinet rather than sitting on top. Some gals kind of
set it up so they are in a corner and the weight of the quilt doesn't
pull. I tend to butt the sewing table up to another of same height on
side and back.
Sew in small amounts of time and get up and stretch often. Hand quilting
I do in a grace hoop. It is the square shaped hoop and it works great
for
me. Lots of height adjustments and it the hoop swivels. I use a comfy
office type chair and that helps too. Best thing I finally have learned
is don't work to a deadline that is unreasonable. Give plenty of time
to work slow enough your body doesn't protest. Ibuprofen or alcohol
doesn't hurt either!
Taria

IMS wrote:

[...]

Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm
Old August 28th 03, 05:51 PM
Butterfly

Been to a GAzillion and ONE Drs......those that 'knew about sewing' all
said the SAME THING.

Sew for 20 minutes MAXIMUM

Take a break--stretch/relax/walk a bit--sew for another 20 min.

SET YOUR TIMER. (Got one that is the Cherry Red Tomato type that sits
atop the compie) Ok, now after how many years (3 4 5?) will finish the
lil bit but no more than about 6 inches.
Tried Standing but that really killed my neck (altho one of my Dr DID
sew and he loved standing--but he rested with his back against the wall)
Tried tilting the machine--didn't work to well with the progressive
bifocals

No longer even TRY to baste or quilt--have found a Pro to do that. I'm
just happy to be able to SEW again : )

HTH a lil
Gentle Hugs
Butterfly ((GET that timer--use it--really helps in the long run : ) ))

wrote:

you know I haven't gave it much thought, but I will need tips on to to work
my back now, and quilt a big quilt like I like to do. hmmm may need lots of
tips.. but I think I am just going to have to make due with what I have.
link.net...

Old August 28th 03, 07:35 PM
LN \(remove NOSPAM\)

I think you are confusing me with Ragmop. She accepts unfinished quilts and
finishes them. I accept finished quilts. Got it?

--
LN in NH
a crazy quilter * hand quilter * & hand appliquér

news