Printing on cotton

Old August 28th 03, 07:33 AM
Nell Reynolds

Printing "all the elements" would have been so much simpler if only you had
lived in the Renaissance. Then there wer only four elements: earth, air,
fire, and water.

Nell in Austin

"Janner" wrote in message
I'm sure that I asked this 'ages' ago, but I can't remember what the

outcome
was. I want to print a picture off my PC on to plain cotton sheeting to
quilt. Is there a product that I can get to do this, or do I need a

special
lotion or printer cartridge or fabric.......

Our quilting group is planning an exhibition next year with lots of

schemes,
I want to do elements, so naturally I want to quilt a periodic table (all
the elements!) for it! My twisted view on life...

Any advice, I can't afford much time or money fussing around on this
project, it's just a fun piece!
--
Janner

"Quite often lately I have the feeling I don't know what's going

on..." ---
Snoopy!

"You have to have a Dream!"

---

Old August 28th 03, 07:35 AM
Nell Reynolds

Just this morning Alex Anderson's guest was scanning family documents which
she printed for quilts. I looked at it, but just thought that it is far
beyond what I feel up to right now. Power to you!

Nell in Austin

Old August 28th 03, 03:10 PM
Kim E

I use the transfer paper that Ami Simms sells. NAYY.
http://www.mallerypress.com/photsup.html You have to take your
pictures and the transfer paper to a copy place with a heavy duty heat
setting printer. Do NOT try this at home!! The ink will fall off the
paper and make a terrible mess in your printer. You have them mirror
image the copies and use heavy paper. Then, you take the copies home
and press them with a HOT iron and lots of pressure. I covered a
board with some batting and muslin, placed it on the floor and pressed
there.

A bit more trouble than the ones that you do in your home printer, but
the copies on the fabric are extremely sharp and are washable. It
truly looks like the actual photographs on the fabric.

Kim

Old August 28th 03, 03:54 PM
Charlie

Still, when the printer you're buying is going to be part of two peoples
business', it's not a chance to take. From the pictures I've seen of inkjet
printer fabric, I definatly think the image maker is better though. It's a
much more photographic result, much cleaner, YMMV. It's also cheaper. I've
seen freezer paper for sale here for around £7 a pack ($10). The image
maker was about £3 and should last longer.

Charlie.

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Charlie wrote:
I'm not sure. I've always used them photocopied as I used to just do it

at
school for free. I've always prefered this method as theres no chance

of it
ruining my printer!

Charlie.

My printer is the HP Photo Smart P1000. I did trim the
fabric w/freezer paper attached to the size of printer
paper. You must make sure there are no strings hanging.
Bonnie
NJ

Old August 28th 03, 09:09 PM
Diane Carter

I have used a white close weave fabric that I soaked in Bubble jet and let
dry. I then iron it to freezer paper and printed a picture of my grandson
onthe fabic. I then sewed it to thee back of the quilt I had made him. It
is supple, not too stift. The colors were pasable but could have been
brighter. Diane
"Janner" wrote in message
[...]

Clothing label printing Dale Rollands Marketplace 0 December 29th 04 02:25 PM
Clothing label printing Dale Rollands Marketplace 0 December 29th 04 02:24 PM
Pad printing on to glass ........? David K Glass 2 September 8th 04 09:08 AM
Large Format Printing Kima Marketplace 0 November 25th 03 08:51 PM
Superfine fabrics for men's shirting - 100% Egyptian Cotton and 100% Sea-Island Cotton quantum vision Marketplace 0 September 5th 03 08:05 AM