Butternut Search

Old October 19th 05, 05:22 AM
Rich

Default Butternut Search

I am looking for Butternut Carving Blocks.

I have bought some at Retail Wood Craft type stores, but it always has alot
of worm holes. I bought some from a vendor in Tenn. that had very clean,
non -wormhole stuff.

So far the best deal I have found is 3" x 3" x 12" for $7.50 a piece.

Anyone know of a web site that has a Better deal?

Thanks,

Old October 19th 05, 07:10 PM
George G

If you are close to this area. Fine. Otherwise shipping will kill you.
http://www.hobbywoods.com/butternut.htm

Old October 22nd 05, 03:39 PM
Rich

I found the best price so far

3 x 3 x 12 Butternut $4.75
http://www.tuckawaytimber.com/

FYI- I was looking for the "lowest cost" for Butternut, not more expensive.

Old October 22nd 05, 06:55 PM
Chuck

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 04:22:08 GMT, "Rich"
wrote:

I am looking for Butternut Carving Blocks.

I have bought some at Retail Wood Craft type stores, but it always has alot
of worm holes. I bought some from a vendor in Tenn. that had very clean,
non -wormhole stuff.

So far the best deal I have found is 3" x 3" x 12" for $7.50 a piece.

Anyone know of a web site that has a Better deal?

Rich, where are you? Butternut grows all over the place here.

I've got a hunk or two that I bought for turning. Can't stand the
stuff, personally.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com