mold

Old August 30th 05, 11:01 PM
turtle

Default mold

heres the orig

Guys
Im looking for a form that I can use to make my own pewter ,lead or
paste songbird feet.Does anyone know hwew if they make such an item?,
Something that I can put the wires in for the toes then fill the rest.
Turt
the carver

Old September 1st 05, 11:24 PM
Wannabe

"turtle" wrote in
:

heres the orig

Guys
Im looking for a form that I can use to make my own pewter ,lead
or
paste songbird feet.Does anyone know hwew if they make such an item?,
Something that I can put the wires in for the toes then fill the rest.

Turt
the carver

I don't do birds so I really can't suggest any supplier, why not check
with Hugh Parks, he's a bird carver from New Brunswick, he might have
some leads for you.
Here's his url.
http://www.feathersinwood.com/

Wannabe.

Old September 2nd 05, 08:58 PM
Andrew Werby

"turtle" wrote in message
heres the orig

Guys
Im looking for a form that I can use to make my own pewter ,lead or
paste songbird feet.Does anyone know hwew if they make such an item?,
Something that I can put the wires in for the toes then fill the rest.

Turt
the carver

[It's not that hard to make a mold, Turt. You can get silicone rubber that
will handle the temperature of low-melt metals like you mention. The tricky
part may be filling the molds, as the volume of songbird feet is so small.
Surface tension will tend to prevent the metal from entering the fine
crevices of the mold cavity. A centrifugal casting machine can be adapted to
do this, or you can send your originals to someone operating a spin-casting
machine. This sort of foundry typically makes disk-shaped molds from
vulcanized rubber and fills them as they spin. To make your originals, you
might start with carvable wax, carve in the details, and then send it to a
lost-wax casting service, which will deliver metal parts that will stand up
to the molding process. ]

Andrew Werby
www.unitedartworks.com

3d mold making Cliff Huprich Pottery 13 July 20th 04 05:43 PM
Writing on a mold? Sam Pottery 5 April 26th 04 03:49 PM
Casting and mold making in the Bay Area cheyenne weil Jewelry 2 September 24th 03 02:19 AM
Need help with making old radio knob mold Yzordderex Polymer Clay 2 September 10th 03 06:14 PM
Mold on flower arrangement L.Mac General Crafting 0 September 2nd 03 08:08 PM