brick stitch?

Old September 1st 04, 02:16 AM
Laura J

Default brick stitch?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had a pattern for what I think is called "brick
stitck?" I found it in a book from the library and I can't remember which
one it was, maybe Vogue Knitting? Anyway, as far as I remember it was a
4-row repeat. The two knit rows included a stitch where you wrapped the
yarn around your needle twice. On the purl rows you release the extra twist
so that the yarn crosses the two rows. The first two rows are off-set from
the second two by one or two stitches so that the whole thing looks like a
brick wall.

I tried googling for knit brick stitch but couldn't find what I was looking
for. If this sounds familiar to anyone, please let me know!

Thanks!

LauraJ

Old September 1st 04, 03:10 PM
Laura J

Now that I think about this a little more, I think it was actually an 8-row
repeat where the second group of 4 rows was off-set one or two stitches from
the first group.

TIA if anyone can help!

LauraJ

Old September 1st 04, 04:28 PM
Katherine

OK, this is what my book says:
Multiple of 4sts +1
1st row (RS): K4, *K1, winding yarn twice around needle, k3, repeat from *
to last st. K1.

2nd row: P4, *sl1 purlwise dropping extra loop, p3; rep from * to last st,
P1.

3rd row: K4, * sl1 purlwise, k3, repeat from * to last st. K1.

4th row: K4, *yf, sl1 purlwise, yb, k3, repeat from * to last st, k1.

Repeat these four rows once more.

9th row: K2, 8k1, winding yarn twice around needle, k3, repeat from * to
last 3 sts, k1 winding yarn twice around needle, k2.

10th row: P2, *sl1 purlwise, dropping extra loop, p3, repeat from * to last
3 sts, sl1 purlwise, p2.

11th row: K2, *sl1 purlwise, K3, repeat from * to last 3 sts, sl1 purlwise,
k2.

12th row: K2, *yf, sl1 purlwise, yb, k3, repeat from * to last 4 sts, yf,
sl1 purlwise, yb, k2.

Repeat the last 4 rows once more.

The 16 rows complete one pattern.

Have fun.

Katherine

Old September 3rd 04, 12:21 AM
Laura J

Yes!! That's it! Thank you Katherine. The pattern I had didn't have the
4-row repeat of each group but otherwise it is exactly the same!

Have you ever done it? I think the result is so cute.

Thanks again!

LauraJ

Old September 3rd 04, 01:34 AM
Katherine

No, Laura, I haven't tried it yet, but I agree that it looks good. Maybe
I'll do it for a 6x6. Glad I could help.

Katherine