more OT - Jamie

Old October 11th 03, 07:19 AM
Kandice Seeber

Default more OT - Jamie

Wow!! I am so glad something is finally going to be done about her pain!
((((((hugs))))))) and good healing vibes to both of you!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

i had a call from Jamie tonight. she had an appointment at the Army
Hospital to talk to the MDs about getting permission for the surgeon
in SF to do the surgery she needs on her back and have the Navy pay
for it.

when she arrived for her appointment, she had a NEW doctor. one who
was a very unhappy man. somehow, for some reason, he was at the
hospital on some type of "tour of inspection" and will be there for
the next 10 days. he told her as soon as she went in, "I've been going
over files, and when I got to yours, I stopped. YOU are the only
patient I'm going to see today, and the first thing I want to know is
why you have been in such pain for over a year, and no one has done
anything about it!"

so, Jamie laid it all out for him. all the things she has gone
through over the last year. and all the "blow-offs" she has gotten
from the medics who either didn't believe her or told her "it's the
weather" and sent her on her way with ibuprofen, and back to work
carrying 80lbs of equipment on her hips. he went ballistic. and she
told him about her visit to SF to the surgeon there, and her
subsequent telephone conversations with him, what he recommended and
that he wanted to be the one to do the surgery, asap. and that she
wanted THIS doctor's signature on the forms to allow that to happen
and the Navy pay for it.

and he told her, "I'm going to do BETTER than that. I'm going to have
you brought back to ME - to Walter Reed Hospital - and *I* am going to
do the surgery."

she needs to have them do her MRIs over again [for comparison, i
guess] and this man evidently has the authority to insist that the
Navy send her to him for him to do the surgery. now, i could have
gotten to Seattle. or to San Francisco. but WASHINGTON, DC??? but
Jamie insists that i stay home. the Navy will send one of her
teammates with her to Walter Reed to stay with her while she is there.
then they will send her home for some period of time to recuperate
before sending her back to active duty.

so SOMEHOW, all those "good thoughts" and wishes and prayers are
paying off at long last!!!!

thank you, everyone!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old October 11th 03, 04:58 PM
Carol in SLC

i had a call from Jamie tonight.,

What WONDERFUL news, Vicki! I'm glad for you and Jamie both!!!

Carol in SLC
New auctions: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=5530

Old October 11th 03, 05:19 PM
Dr. Sooz

Wow. WOW. RCB vibes are powerful. Man, I could have used 'em when I had my
back disaster in '87!!! Haw haw haw!

See another thread about Mercury......and RCB vibes.................SHEEZ
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old October 11th 03, 05:37 PM
Marissa Undercofler

That's great news. I turely hope it works out for the best for you (not
being able to be there) and for her (being able to go back to work pain free
after she recoups). Any idea when the surgery is so we can all send
smooth-surgery vibes and speedy recovery/get well soon vibes after?

Marissa

Old October 11th 03, 05:48 PM
Dr. Sooz

Any idea when the surgery is so we can all send
smooth-surgery vibes and speedy recovery/get well soon vibes after?

Yeah -- make sure you let us know when you need us for that.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links