OT - Fire

Old August 12th 04, 03:07 AM
Beadbimbo

Default OT - Fire

Stay safe, Vicki!!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

"vj" wrote in message
I will be with Oran and Grace if this gets any closer.
Please keep all of us in your prayers.

CDF Butte Unit/Butte County Fire
Location: Oregon Gulch Road at Potters Ranch Road - West side of
Lake Oroville near the Community of Cherokee
Acres Burned: 500
Containment: 0%
Threatened: Scattered structures throughout the area
Evacuations: Evacuation Center set up at Butte College
Cause: Under Investigation
Cooperating Agencies: CDF, Local Government
Engines: 68
Airtankers: 4
Helicopters: 2
Dozers: 8
Water tenders: 8
Conditions: Heavy vegetation, high temperatures, low humidities .
Rapid rate of fire spread. Conditions changing quickly. Contact the
Fire Information Center 530-538-7826.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
-----------
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Old August 12th 04, 05:50 AM
~Candace~

Be safe Vicki, ya hear?!

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "starlia"
:

]You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

I'll
]be watching.

thank you - each and every one.
i'll be up all night, probably, and thanking the gods for all of you
and the blessed fire fighters.

we appear to have dodged it this time.

-----------

Old August 12th 04, 06:09 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Take care, Vicki, I know first hand how terrifying this is.

--
Marisa (AU/NZ)
http://www.galleryvittoria.com

Old August 12th 04, 06:16 AM
Tinkster

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:06:08 -0700, vj wrote:

like i told Tink . . . i took one good look at Oran and Grace and
decided nothing else was worth worrying about. i'll just take them
with me and head for Sac if i have to.

I'm a little punchy tonight, so forgive me... But I can't imagine
living someplace that's referred to as "Sac". *chuckle* Gads. I may
typically THINK these things, but I seldom actually POST them.
Apologies in advance.

I just think it's funny.

Vicki, if you have to go to Sac, you be REALLY careful. Heheheheh!

Tink
Old August 12th 04, 06:27 AM
Carla

Tinkster wrote:

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:06:08 -0700, vj wrote:

like i told Tink . . . i took one good look at Oran and Grace and
decided nothing else was worth worrying about. i'll just take them
with me and head for Sac if i have to.

I'm a little punchy tonight, so forgive me... But I can't imagine
living someplace that's referred to as "Sac". *chuckle* Gads. I may
typically THINK these things, but I seldom actually POST them.
Apologies in advance.

Could be worse; could be "Scrot" g.

Cheers,
Carla

Old August 12th 04, 08:02 AM
Kalera Stratton

CRAP!

Crossing fingers...

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old August 12th 04, 08:05 AM
Kalera Stratton

Moxley and Dan, who are both from there, call it "Sacto", which to me
sounds just disgusting.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old August 12th 04, 08:07 AM
Kalera Stratton

LOL! Yes. It's a horrible, horrible word that makes me think of vile
moldering fungal infections in dark moist places.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

~Candace~ wrote:
When I lived there, the name for Sacramento that really bugged me was Sacto.
AAArrrggghhh it makes me want to claw my ears off when I hear it. But as
for Sac? No problem with it, lol.

Old August 12th 04, 09:06 AM
meijhana

vicki, you know if you need it, you have a place here, too!!!

mary

--
____________________________________
Cyberpunk Tournament @ Gamer's Keepe

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Kathy N-V
:

]Yep, and if it looks even the least little bit hairy, get outta
]there. No reason to wait until almost all your options are used up.

quite honestly, i don't think my little brother would give me any
option!

]You know, New England is lovely this time of year. We don't have
]fires like that, and almost all of the hurricanes are polite enough
]to go out to sea, leaving us with a rainy day and lobsters washed up
]on the beaches. You three would be more than welcome, and we'd fix
]you right up.

that's the sweetest offer yet! thank you dear. last word from the
CHP was that it was starting to die down. they have it about 30%
contained [which isn't enough for me!] but the test will probably come
tomorrow morning. they've got tons of equipment down there, but the
wind IS heading in this direction again. if they can keep it on the
far side of Hwy 70, we'll be okay. if it crosses the highway, i'm out
of here - job be damned!

]At any rate, you'll be in my constant thoughts and prayers.

thank you! that's the most i can ask for.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Swarovski Fire Opal!! Amanda Richards Beads 19 July 20th 04 05:10 AM
OT Chicken's on fire OT Christina Peterson Beads 7 July 2nd 04 08:03 PM
Fire Garden Glass Mothwoman Beads 10 June 28th 04 05:25 PM
AD: Angel of Fire and other great new kits! Karleen/Vibrant Jewels Beads 0 August 13th 03 04:53 AM