a couple of my finished hats

Old June 23rd 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

Default a couple of my finished hats

My 2 year old son Noah reluctantly agreed to model two of my finished hats.
Each hat is made with two strands of worsted weight yarn dyed with Koolaid,
and I plan on sending them to Warm Woolies, which collects wool hats for
charity.

Hat #1 is dyed with lime Koolaid and Blueberry Blast (?) Koolaid:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=642xzpk

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4vhx8i9

This hat is dyed with Grape Koolaid and Black Cherry:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fi04g1

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5zd6hwy

As soon as I try the "great experiment" with felting the 3rd hat, I'll post
back, and if it's successful, I'll post photos.

lisa
--
"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they
still bring a smile to your face when

Old June 23rd 07, 10:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Erin

On 23 Juni, 03:51, "Karlisa" wrote:
My 2 year old son Noah reluctantly agreed to model two of my finished hats.

Supercute little fellow! Nice hats, too.

Erin

Old June 23rd 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Karlisa" wrote in message
My 2 year old son Noah reluctantly agreed to model two of my finished
hats. Each hat is made with two strands of worsted weight yarn dyed with
Koolaid, and I plan on sending them to Warm Woolies, which collects wool
hats for charity.

Hat #1 is dyed with lime Koolaid and Blueberry Blast (?) Koolaid:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=642xzpk

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4vhx8i9

This hat is dyed with Grape Koolaid and Black Cherry:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fi04g1

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5zd6hwy

As soon as I try the "great experiment" with felting the 3rd hat, I'll
post back, and if it's successful, I'll post photos.

lisa
--
"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they
still bring a smile to your face when
you push them down a flight of stairs."

Great hats (did you get the pattern online somewhere?), which I'm sure will
be appreciated by those who receive them. Your little boy is adorable! )

*hugs*
Gemini

Old June 23rd 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Karlisa" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Gemini! I'm pretty partial to that boy myself. :-) I knitted the
hats using the free pattern from the Warm Woolies website and just changed
it a bit by varying the needle size and brim style. I think I finally
settled on using size 11 circulars (US size) and casting on 5 less stitches
than the original pattern called for to make it smaller, like the
Cherry/Grape hat came out. It makes a smaller hat, but I like the overall
look. It'll probably just fit babies and young toddlers. I love how fast
these work up, too!

Lisa

Old June 23rd 07, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

"Erin" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 23 Juni, 03:51, "Karlisa" wrote:
My 2 year old son Noah reluctantly agreed to model two of my finished
hats.

Supercute little fellow! Nice hats, too.

Erin

Thanks! I think I would have gotten better photos if I could have convinced
him to hold still longer. :-)

lisa

Old June 23rd 07, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Oh those are lovely! And he's adorable, too!

Wendy in CT

Old June 24th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Karlisa" wrote in message
My 2 year old son Noah reluctantly agreed to model two of my finished
hats. Each hat is made with two strands of worsted weight yarn dyed with
Koolaid, and I plan on sending them to Warm Woolies, which collects wool
hats for charity.

Hat #1 is dyed with lime Koolaid and Blueberry Blast (?) Koolaid:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=642xzpk

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4vhx8i9

This hat is dyed with Grape Koolaid and Black Cherry:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fi04g1

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5zd6hwy

As soon as I try the "great experiment" with felting the 3rd hat, I'll
post back, and if it's successful, I'll post photos.

lisa
--
"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they
still bring a smile to your face when
you push them down a flight of stairs."

For some reason I'm only getting pics of celebs. Is there something I'm not
doing? ;-(

Murielle

Old June 24th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

"Murielle" wrote in message

"Karlisa" wrote in message
[...]

hmmm...I'm not sure, Murielle. I just clicked the links again and they
worked for me. I wish I had a website of my own to just post them! :-)

lisa

Old June 24th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

"myswendy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Oh those are lovely! And he's adorable, too!

Wendy in CT

Thanks, Wendy. I was very pleased with how they came out, too. I can't
wait to dye some more yarn, but I have to finish the mosaic backsplash
project before I can indulge in yarn dyeing.

lisa

Old June 24th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot[_2_]

Karlisa wrote:
"Erin" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 23 Juni, 03:51, "Karlisa" wrote:
My 2 year old son Noah reluctantly agreed to model two of my finished
hats.

Supercute little fellow! Nice hats, too.

Erin

Thanks! I think I would have gotten better photos if I could have convinced
him to hold still longer. :-)

lisa

Twas miraculous to get a 2-yr-old to hold still at all!

Red Hats Pami Quilting 4 June 4th 07 05:20 PM
more about hats ..... Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Yarn 4 December 4th 05 07:32 PM
OT Chemo hats DJDREVNA Quilting 5 August 31st 04 01:58 PM
Fabric Hats nana2b Quilting 4 August 11th 04 03:27 PM
New finished piece & a couple of stringing questions rainbow Beads 0 July 6th 03 09:28 AM