Sewing Eye Dog

Old September 3rd 03, 12:31 AM

Default Sewing Eye Dog

I think I need one..or soon will, at the rate at which I am
deteriorating. Last week, I stuck my finger in my eye and broke a blood
vessel. Everyone would look at me, tear up in sympathy, then I'd have to
fetch them a tissue. This is not a good pity gig.
Sun. night, my contact lens slid into the corner of my right eye and
got a vapor lock. I struggled mightily for 2 hours to get it out, the
pain increasing with every attempt. Finally gave in and called DD, who
took me out to the emergency room. As it turned out, I was very
shortsighted (Arg, arg) not to have given in and gone immediately, as I
scratched my eye during the attempt at removal.
The only bright side was the doctor. He was good-looking enough to eat
with a spoon--a true Latin lover type, flirting outrageously with my
beautiful DD, and showering his wealth of flirt fallout over me, the
elderly inhabitant of the room. It was all I could do not to fall on the
floor and feign respiration problems, just so he'd have to resuscitate
me.
Doncha know, got home at 1:30 am., and I dreamed about him--him and
his beautiful blonde wife, three fabulous blonde children, in their
gorgeous house, with their three of four (lost count) big dogs--- and I
was their dog-walker. Some weirdness. Who knows if he's even married,
this is all the product of my fevered imagination. A man who looks like
that, and I'm the dog walker, fer God's sake!! I'll give you two guesses
at what is wrong with this picture.
I _know_ he didn't give me any drugs...but I'm bleary-eyed with the
antibiotic ointment, and wearing the Mr.Magoo glasses once again.
I did go by Joann's Labor Day sale, and bought some consolation
prizes. Found some _very_ nice slacks fabric, micro-fibers and such, for
$1.50 a yard. I had to take off the glasses and feel everything,' cause
I can't see with them...can't see without them...you can tell a lot
about fabrics with your fingertips.
Got some nice med. weight, 2 way stretch microdenier blend or could be
100% nylon, but it is soft, fairly thick, and stretchy. I plan to use it
to put covers on two rough-surfaced boogie boards which I bought for a
buck each at a Sat. yard sale. (For those who don't know, boogie boards
look like miniature surf boards, and they cost around $40--$50.00 to buy
new. After recovering, I'll give them to DD for the Gkids to use at the
beach.)
Well, that's all I know, and it ain't much.
Cea

Old September 3rd 03, 08:27 AM
Kate Dicey

[...]

Now you know why ! never wear contact lenses! AKKKK!!!!

Have a ((((((HUG)))))) for the pain. Did the fabric find ease the agony
and frustration? And was the dream Dr as good as the real one?

We're ALL 17 on the inside... ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old September 3rd 03, 10:53 AM
Kate Dicey

[...]

Now you know why I never wear contact lenses! AKKKK!!!!

Have a ((((((HUG)))))) for the pain. Did the fabric find ease the agony
and frustration? And was the dream Dr as good as the real one?

We're ALL 17 on the inside... ;P
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.frX-Mozilla-Status: 0009 on Kate's Pages and
explore!
Old September 3rd 03, 05:03 PM
gail

So sorry about your eye. There are blessings in disguise, I was blessed
enough to be the nurse that married the fantastic Dr.( 18 yrs. ago ) Boy,
what a lurid real life dream that has been. The book should would have a
picture of the winsome young thing with long blonde hair being gently held
by the Knight in the white coat on a wonderfully green flowing grass lawn.
Swoon....

Old September 3rd 03, 07:31 PM
SewStorm

As it turned out, I was very
shortsighted (Arg, arg) not to have given in and gone immediately, as I
scratched my eye during the attempt at removal.

At my daughter's Labor Day do the other day, I was discussing LASIK surgery
with two doctor friends of hers and dsil's. They said that the cornea was the
fastest healing tissue in the body, Cea. They also both said they would
eventually have LASIK, especially after I told them how successful it was for
me. It's a pain in the neck to use reading glasses, but I'm having a blast
buying cute cheap ones everywhere, in various strengths--for reading, computer,
and close work.

The only bright side was the doctor. He was good-looking enough to eat
with a spoon--a true Latin lover

Honey!!! Love the flirt fallout line, but you desperately need a more exciting
fantasy life!! LOL

Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati

Old September 3rd 03, 07:42 PM
Two x over

hey...
i WOULD have swooned, just to get some of that attention Grin.....

now, as for as sewing eye dogs...i highly recommend the belgian terverun,
loyal, cuddly, ever watchful, and loves to lay on fabrics.....

betsey
betsey
"we do not inherit the earth, we caretake it for our children"
Old September 4th 03, 12:27 AM

Sewing Eye Dog
Karen said:
snip
...I was discussing LASIK surgery with two doctor friends of hers and
dsil's. They said that the cornea was the fastest healing tissue in the
body, Cea. They also both said they would eventually have LASIK,
especially after I told them how successful it was for me. It's a pain
in the neck to use reading glasses, but I'm having a blast buying cute
cheap ones everywhere, in various strengths--for reading, computer, and
close work.
=A0=A0=A0=A0The only bright side was the doctor. He was good-looking
enough to eat with a spoon--a true Latin lover
Honey!!! Love the flirt fallout line, but you desperately need a more
exciting fantasy life!! LOL
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati
---
Your last line is sad, but true, Karen. I will try to remedy that. Any
ideas? grin
I've thought about LASIK surgery from time to time, but I suppose it
is out of the question now, as I have too much damage from thyroid
disease, including the buggy eye syndrome, and possible future problems
from nerve damage. crap It's weird to look in the mirror and almost
not recognize oneself. Ah, well, I had a good beauty gig while it
lasted. Pretty soon I'll be too old to care, then I can really
concentrate on my sewing. snort
OTOH, I suppose I could take up boogy boarding, as Donna suggested.
Might as well have a good excuse for injuring myself, and it sure sounds
better than: "I hurt myself when I got out of bed, Doc."
Cea

Old September 4th 03, 06:43 AM
melinda

Kate Dicey wrote:

Now you know why ! never wear contact lenses! AKKKK!!!!

Have a ((((((HUG)))))) for the pain. Did the fabric find ease the agony
and frustration? And was the dream Dr as good as the real one?

We're ALL 17 on the inside... ;P

I keep some contacts (disposables) on hand for special occasions, it's
a lot easier to appliy make-up without the glasses in the way!

Enjoy your consolation fabric!

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old September 4th 03, 12:42 PM
SewStorm

Your last line is sad, but true, Karen. I will try to remedy that. Any
ideas? grin

Oh, yes, I do! Get your butt out there and start flitting! There are a
bazillion groups meant for getting people together, just join some of them, if
you're serious about making your life more exciting. Over the summer I started
walking with a group of women in the mornings (some of us walk as long as an
hour and a half, which I really needed), and it's made such a difference in the
quality of my life. Just hanging out with these great, funny gals has lightened
my mood, gotten me away from the COMPUTER, and even slimmed down my butt a
little. ;- And none of them sew, so I have to think of other interesting
things to talk about with them, which is stretching my social skills. LOL

Might as well have a good excuse for injuring myself, and it sure sounds
better than: "I hurt myself when I got out of bed, Doc."

Yeah, the ultimate old-lady lament. Ha!

Next time you're at the eye doc's, just ask about LASIK. Can't hurt.
Karen Maslowski in Cincinnati