pics uploaded and question about fabric sheets

Old January 2nd 05, 07:28 PM
DrQuilter

Default pics uploaded and question about fabric sheets

still one missing, of the I spy but I want to aplique over one of the
hexagon sofi's pic. under the baby quilts and WH folder in my webshots
page (follow link in siggy line) I just put pics of the first quilt made
by my 12 year old neighbour with my help, and sofia's stained glass
butterfly wall hanging. suggestions for names would be great, I am
making the label this evening. about that. I went to JoAnns with my 40%
off coupon. looks like the brand new megastore does not carry bubblejet
so I'll have to buy it online (the S&H almost neutralizes the discount
though-bummer). instead I got colorfast sheets (might be this one but
mine is in a pink package - it is downstairs now so I am not sure of th
brand). 3 sheets for 9.99 is a lot, don't you think? I am getting the
bubblejet which has to be more economic in the long run. anyway,
instructions say to treat by rinsing in water to make colorfast. I
assume that is after your print. anybody know why this helps? and then
you are supposed to wash without detergent? that is not going to work
for baby quilts.... I'd love to hear your experiences with this product
Old January 4th 05, 05:14 PM
DrQuilter

I figured I'd change the subject line to pique your interest since my
original post got no responses... may be that everybody is busy replying
to the roll call thread, or maybe I should also post some pics of Sofi
to entice you guys??? )

--
Dr. Quilter
(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 4th 05, 06:10 PM
Queen of Squishies

Going to look right now......... : )
The link was missing from the first post...

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
* We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar

Old January 4th 05, 07:36 PM
Louise

That butterfly is beautiful! The others are great too, but that one really
jumped out at me. I'll bet your 12-year-old neighbor is still beaming about
her finished project.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old January 4th 05, 08:00 PM
Queen of Squishies

Your twelve year old neighbor is just oozing proud. Good job!

Did you name the butterfly yet? I like the way is sparkles. Maybe Stars
Take Wing, or something like that.

And I still say my all-time favorite of yours is that Rhapsody in Blue with
Starlight. I'm nuts about that! And if you get tired of hearing me say so,
you'll just have to quit sending me to your website, is all I can say. And
Sofia, oh my, what a little beauty she is becoming!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Old January 4th 05, 08:01 PM
Queen of Squishies

Oh - and I have no experience with the product you are refering to. (almost
forgot about that)

LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Old January 5th 05, 08:40 AM
Leigh Harris

Love that butterfly!

--
Leigh Harris
Perth, Western Australia

Old January 5th 05, 01:29 PM
Harry and Anita

Marissa,

That butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Nice to meet another PSU alum. (Class of 87, Biology degree)

Anita in snowy AK

Old January 5th 05, 04:46 PM
DrQuilter

oh. must be because I had to unsubscribe and resubscribe to the
newsgroup and first messages after that came out without signature until
I figured I had to associate it to the account again... )

Old January 5th 05, 04:55 PM
DrQuilter

Thaks guys! The butterfly is a pattern from Three Swan Studios (a
canadian enterprise) and supposedly is done in reverse aplique, but I
took this class in the LQS a year ago or so and the teacher taught how
to do it cutting the shapes from fusible backed fabric, and using
adhesive bias tape. Problem is she didn't explain much and my pieces
were not close enough for the tape to cover enough of the fused fabric,
thus the need for profuse 'embelishment'... also, she said we needed one
roll of fusible bias tape and I ended having to buy 3, so it was a lot
more expensive than I had planned. The company has other lovely patterns
such as a dragonfly that the teacher had done in shimery fabrics as a
class sample - it is beautiful too!

The Rhapsody in Blue is from one of my scrappy books that I never
remember the name of... a daugther of a friend of mine chose that
pattern for the first quilt her mom is making, and it is coming out
pretty nice also! I'll help her with the final steps...

My neighbour is very happy with the quilt (I wanted her to keep it but
she gave it to her best friend for her birthday) but her attention span
is very short, so I actually did a lot of the quilt for her... she chose
the fabrics, set them in the design wall, stitched them together until
for some reason she stopped being able to produce a straight seam, and
helped with the ties...