Patina on Brass - Reply (attn. Jeff)

Old October 3rd 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry,rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter W.. Rowe,

Default Patina on Brass - Reply (attn. Jeff)

On , in rec.crafts.jewelry Jeff Wisnia wrote:
In an essentually duplicate posting sent to rec.crafts.jewelry, Jeff Wisnia
wondered why his posts had not shown up...

For some whacky reason the answer I posted to the OP (twice) never made
it to this newsgroup or to the crossposted rec.crafts.metalworking. So,
here's what I was trying to say to the OP:

Jeff, I explained this in email as well, but in case you didn't get that, and
for the edification of any other readers of these two groups who may not know
this, there is a time delay with posts sent to rec.crafts.jewelry, because this
group is moderated. (I'm the moderator)

Posts sent to this group are diverted by your news server to the
email address, which is the email address I've
set up for the group's incoming messages. I review messages sent to
rec.crafts.jewelry, and delete those which don't meet the requirements set forth
in the group's charter. Essentially, this means I get rid of the spam and
disallowed commercial advertising. Then I repost the remaining allowable
messages. Only then do you see the messages on the group. Unfortunately,
moderating a newsgroup is generally a volunteer activity, and I need to do
things like go to work during the day, and sleep at night, and all that, so the
whole thing results in a time delay in getting your messages to the group.

The time delay depends on when you post versus when I next review and process
new messages for the group, which I usually do a couple times per day, so the
time delay can vary from a few minutes to many hours. But they're not lost.
Just waiting approval and reposting.

In the case of your reply messages to this thread, I've only approved and
posted the first one you sent, as duplicates aren't needed.

If you or anyone has further questions about all this, or about moderated groups
in general, please feel free to ask in email. (same address as given above.
Emails sent directly to that address instead of through a news server won't be
posted to the group unless you request it. And postings sent as news posts to
the group, but marked "private" in the subject line, also won't be posted. So
I'm easy to contact. Please just be sure that reply email addresses are correct
and not munged, if you wish a direct reply. )

cheers

Peter Rowe
moderator,
rec.crafts.jewelry

Seattle. Where summer's over, and the rain's got an early start this year.

How to form patina on brass? Norm Dresner Jewelry 13 October 4th 07 04:56 PM
Patina Issue.... Jman Glass 5 July 29th 07 03:07 PM
Brass patina wanted Bill Cademy Glass 3 December 21st 04 04:12 AM
patina recipe Yvetta Voldan Glass 10 September 20th 04 09:54 PM
Wood patina George G Carving 0 July 6th 03 09:52 PM