2 Quilts finished and photos updated

Old May 5th 04, 11:35 PM
Liz & Allan MacDonald

Julia in MN wrote:

The hollow cubes pattern is in a book called "Big Book of Building Block
Quilts" by Sara Nephew. She makes it look pretty easy, but I haven't
tried it yet. There are some other neat quilts in that book, too.

Thank you!!! It's on my Amazon wish list now. I'll hint to DH about
the perfect Mother's day gift....
Liz

Old May 6th 04, 02:43 AM
Ann

Don't forget that you will need her triangle tool. Unless you already have
one. It doesn't come with the book on Amazon but the book and triangle come
as a set from her website.......NAYY

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old May 6th 04, 02:49 PM
Liz & Allan MacDonald

Thanks Ann! I just went to her site and ordered the set.
It's www.clearviewtriangle.com for all the rest of you shoppers.
Liz
(My DD's name is Ann Elisabeth.)

Old May 6th 04, 09:32 PM
Dr. Quilter

actually you don't. I am making one of them using EPP.
(in WIPs folder, webshots - see siggy line)

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
Old May 7th 04, 12:21 AM
Ann

Yes I saw your hollow cube quilt and it's very nice I really like that.
What's EPP stand for? I should know that one.
The one that you are doing....is it done with "Y" seams?
The method that Sara Nephew shows is contructed without "Y" seams, thus the
need for the super 60 degree ruler. But then my speciality ruler supply was
non-existant so I needed to purchase one

Old May 8th 04, 04:38 PM
Dr. Quilter

Mine are not hollow, just cubes.. ) I am doing them with English Paper
Piecing. Yup, I am doing the Y seams (by hand, EPP is easy, Y seams are
only hard by machine!), but I like it better than having the extra seam
you get if you try to avoid them... BTW, I have no 'specialty' rules
either... )
I have her book, loved the designs, so I chose to use the patterns but
not the technique.

Ann wrote:
Yes I saw your hollow cube quilt and it's very nice I really like that.
What's EPP stand for? I should know that one.
The one that you are doing....is it done with "Y" seams?
The method that Sara Nephew shows is contructed without "Y" seams, thus the
need for the super 60 degree ruler. But then my speciality ruler supply was
non-existant so I needed to purchase one

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

New Quilt photos and a really cute kid! nana2b Quilting 2 April 15th 04 07:43 PM
baby quilt finished - no photos :^( Ann Adamson Quilting 3 April 1st 04 01:50 PM
I got to see some old quilts Hanne Gottliebsen Quilting 5 September 30th 03 05:29 PM
WIP Photos Jim Vander Noot Quilting 6 July 31st 03 10:31 PM
Looking for finished models of FanXstitch or PhoeniX Stitchery designs Fanxstitch Needlework 0 July 30th 03 11:16 PM