left-handed needlepoint

Old July 8th 05, 03:59 PM
Bob & Sue Tingle

Default left-handed needlepoint

What is the best method to teach a 9 year old granddaughter basketweave. I
read in one book to turn the work upside down. Thanks! Sue

Old July 8th 05, 05:01 PM
Sallys Mom

I'm right handed and have taught several people to crochet by sitting across
from them and doing the stitches. The follow along. This "mirror image"
style has worked for that - maybe it can work for needlepoint. Just a
thought.

Old July 8th 05, 05:42 PM
Karen C - California

Sallys Mom wrote:

I'm right handed and have taught several people to crochet by sitting across
from them and doing the stitches. The follow along. This "mirror image"
style has worked for that - maybe it can work for needlepoint. Just a
thought.

That's the way I learned all my needlework skills from two
opposite-handed teachers.

Then I got a same-handed teacher and was totally confused, because I was
so used to reversing the directions in my mind!

--
Karen C - California

Finished 6/28/05 - Painted Bunting pillow (Bucilla)

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for my parents

LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html

blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old July 9th 05, 05:24 AM
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.