Grommets and edging questions

Old January 16th 09, 06:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_7_]

Default Grommets and edging questions

I am repairing a pretty good shadecloth I had custom made about five years
ago. The thread detereriorated, and the edging and some grommets pulled
out. I was able to repair some of it by using some new cloth. But on the
corner grommets, three pulled out completely, and the edging and cloth is
shot to repair. I could put on a new piece of cloth in a triangle
configuration, and put a new grommet, but I still would like to put some
edging on there to finish it off.

Does anyone know of a source of 2" wide industrial outdoor quality edging,
as well as good grommets and a grommet tool kit? I am going to be needing
these soon, and I had just as well buy some good stuff in good quantities to
keep the individual cost down.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Old January 17th 09, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kay Lancaster

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:30:33 -0700, SteveB wrote:
I am repairing a pretty good shadecloth I had custom made about five years
ago. The thread detereriorated, and the edging and some grommets pulled

I'd send you to talk to Buddy and Lydia at http://www.beaconfabric.com --
they ran a Florida boat canvas shop for many years in addition to the
fabric store they run now.

Kay

Old January 19th 09, 03:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Sharon Hays

Kay Lancaster wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 22:30:33 -0700, SteveB wrote:
I am repairing a pretty good shadecloth I had custom made about five
years
ago. The thread detereriorated, and the edging and some grommets pulled

I'd send you to talk to Buddy and Lydia at http://www.beaconfabric.com --
they ran a Florida boat canvas shop for many years in addition to the
fabric store they run now.

Kay

I heartily second that. If Buddy & Lydia can't help you, what you want
probably doesn't exist. And I'll bet they can help you. They are both
really nice folks and they carry quality stuff in their shop.

Sharon
--
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It's a waste of time and just annoys the
pig.
Old February 13th 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ingrid

On Jan 15, 9:30*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
I am repairing a pretty good shadecloth I had custom made about five years
ago. *The thread detereriorated, and the edging and some grommets pulled
out. *I was able to repair some of it by using some new cloth. *But on the
corner grommets, three pulled out completely, and the edging and cloth is
shot to repair. *I could put on a new piece of cloth in a triangle
configuration, and put a new grommet, but I still would like to put some
edging on there to finish it off.

Does anyone know of a source of 2" wide industrial outdoor quality edging,
as well as good grommets and a grommet tool kit? *I am going to be needing
these soon, and I had just as well buy some good stuff in good quantities to
keep the individual cost down.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Try Kronke Inc in Hayward CA for awning supplies. Most hardware
stores have grommet kits, the ones you should get are spur grommets,
and Kronke has them.
Old February 13th 09, 06:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
SteveB[_8_]

"Ingrid" wrote in message
On Jan 15, 9:30 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
[...]

Got a grommet kit and a gross of grommets from ahh.biz. American made, and
same day shipping. I'll check out Kronke for the trim. Ahh doesn't carry
it. It's just like shadecloth, but thicker, and more UV resistant.

Steve

questions - gauge swatch and edging Nanci E Donacki Machine Knit 3 May 7th 06 12:53 AM
what to do w/ old tatted edging? val189 Needlework 3 April 29th 06 07:20 AM
questions - gauge swatch and edging Nanci E Donacki Machine Knit 2 April 26th 06 11:10 PM
1" Grommets Mignon Sewing 10 November 15th 05 03:27 PM
Help! Paper edging aoth9 General Crafting 0 July 23rd 05 06:23 PM